Digital Validation Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
Synaptics is looking for qualified applicants for a Digital Validation Engineer position on the Interface Products team located in Atlanta GA. This role is a unique opportunity to perform all aspects of digital design validation and debug in Synaptics' next generation data and video connectivity ASICs.
As a member of the digital design team, the validation engineer will be responsible for FPGA builds and pre-silicon validation as well as post-silicon validation of ASICs. We are looking for a self-motivated engineer who is eager to learn and can grow into a critical role who will work closely with the design and product validation teams to ensure each product's feature validation requirements are met and debug any issues.
- Develop, timing close, and debug FPGA system with implementation of the next generation of Synaptics family of high-speed serial interface devices.
- Execute validation plan to test all required functionality of a product in both FPGA system and in ASIC.
- Work with firmware team to develop and debug device drivers required for validation activities.
- Implement FPGA logic in verilog and utilize FPGA macros as needed to translate ASIC rtl into FPGA prototype platform using proprietary tools and using other vendor-supplied CAD tools.
- Develop automated/scripted design flows for the above mentioned development processes.
- Schedule tasks and goals to complete designs on time that meet all specifications
- BSEE/CE +5 years of IC digital design experience or MSEE/CE with relevant internship and/or coursework.
- Organized and creative thinker, motivated, and independent learner who can multitask in a dynamic environment, able to create and implement new solutions where required
- Experience writing synthesizable Verilog for ASIC & FPGA design
- Experience with FPGA design flow and tools
- Excellent debugging skills in both SW and ASIC hardware
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Empolyer.
Back to top