Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia and edge AI products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com
Synaptics is looking for qualified applicants for Digital Design Engineer on the Interface Products team. This role is a unique opportunity to perform all aspects of digital design and implementation from specification to tapeout and debug in Synaptics' next generation data and video connectivity ASICs.
As a member of the digital design team, the engineer will be responsible for architecture, RTL design, debug, implementation, test, and product support for block and full-chip designs. We are looking for a self-motivated engineer who is eager to learn and can grow into a critical role working with our development teams in implementing and verifying products.
- Executes the technical specification, logic design, verification, synthesis, DFT insertion, and integration of circuits in the next generation of Synaptics family of high-speed serial interface devices.
- Implement module and chip-level designs in Verilog hardware design language, tcl/make/python scripts, and proprietary hardware specification languages.
- Analyze designs and integrate them into Synaptics ASIC & FPGA development environment by writing scripts, using proprietary tools and using other vendor-supplied CAD tools.
- Implement and integrate Memory BIST, Logic Scan, and custom ATE and debug test logic. Work with the verification team to write test plans and debug simulations.
- Participate in silicon debug and analysis.
- Schedule tasks and goals to complete designs on time that meet all specifications
Required Qualifications :
- BSEE/CE +2 years of IC digital design experience or MSEE/CE with relevant internship and/or coursework.
- Organized and creative thinker, motivated, and independent learner who can multitask in a dynamic environment, able to create and implement new solutions where required
- Experience writing synthesizable Verilog for ASIC & FPGA design
- Experience with ASIC/FPGA design flow and tools (DC, PT, PrimePower, Formality, Tetramax)
- Excellent debugging skills in both SW and ASIC hardware
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer