Customer Engineering Manager
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
- Lead multiple engineering function teams to develop new products, technologies and applications in capacitive sensing industry.
- Optimize and ensure product development process to consistently deliver high quality, low cost and best overall solution to customers.
- Transition design concepts from architectural proposals to implementations to products for real life customers.
- Understand the inputs from customers and deep understanding of Synaptics capacitive sensing technology for product developments.
- Able to prepare easy to understand, well organized report, and communicate with customers on all technical issues related to product developments.
- Provide leadership to the team in difficult situations in customer dealing. Being the technical person from Synaptics in discussion with customers on product developments issues.
- Work with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders, local and worldwide team members, including suppliers and manufacturers, to ensure best overall product design.
- Management experience in consumer electronics product development.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or similar
- 5-7+ years of experience in consumer electronics system design or IC development.
- Hands on system engineer background with analog/digital circuit design experience and strong component level circuit debugging skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - must able to produce high quality reports to explain difficult technical issues and present the report to customers.
- Able to be customer-facing under pressure and provide leadership to the team.
- Methodical and detailed approach to problem solving
- Able to prepare documents to illustrate complex technical issues in simple presentation
- Ability to travel to other SYNA sites for technology exchange
- Ability to travel to customer sites for detailed technical discussion and occasionally difficult problem solving for new product bring up.
Nice to have,
- Knowledge of PC Architecture (BIOS, chipset features, operating system drivers)
- Digital signal process background is a big plus
- Experience in firmware/software development and software testing is also a plus
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top