Computer Vision Architect
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Synaptics is rapidly expanding its biometric algorithm team focusing on single- and multi-modal biometric authentication. We are looking for candidates with a combination of expertise in computer vision, image processing, excellent programming and implementation skills. This role involves the design, testing, debugging and optimization of algorithms. There will be significant interaction with other members of the team, who are also experts in the field, in the common pursuit of market-leading biometric products.
- PhD in EE/CS with background in computer vision or related fields
- Fluency in developing code in C/C++, and Matlab
- Ability to design experiments, analyze data, and debug and optimize algorithms
- Works well within a multi-discipline development environment
- Thinks outside the box, strategic, and creative
- Publications in conferences and journals related to computer vision, including CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, PAMI, NIPS, ICML
- Experience in industry
- Machine learning and image processing
- Experience in statistical modeling and regression
- FPGA emulation and optimization of hardware-accelerated algorithms
- Experience in porting to embedded systems and optimizing code for such platforms
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top