Biometric Algorithm Architect
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company’s rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Synaptics is rapidly expanding its biometric algorithm team focusing on single- and multi-modal biometric authentication. We are looking for candidates with a combination of expertise in biometric authentication and machine learning along with excellent programming and implementation skills. This role involves the design, testing, debugging and optimization of algorithms which optimally combine multiple biometric inputs. Also, defining features as inputs for machine learning to achieve additional functionality beyond authentication is an important part of this job. Algorithm speed, accuracy and robustness are of paramount importance. There will be significant interaction with other members of the team, who are also experts in the field, in the common pursuit of market-leading biometric products.
The level for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s level of expertise and experience.
- PhD in EE/CS with background in biometric authentication and/or machine learning
- Fluency in developing code in C/C++
- Software architecture and API definition
- Strong math background
- Ability to design experiments, analyze data, and validate performance
- Works well within a multi-discipline development environment
- Thinks outside the box, strategic and creative
- Machine learning
- Matlab (including imaging toolbox)
- Experience in statistical modeling and regression
Back to top