Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company’s rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Synaptics, the world leader in human interface solutions for portable electronic devices, invites qualified applicants to apply for a position as an Algorithms Architect on our Platform Architecture team within the Smart Display Division. Platform Architecture is responsible for the development of a technology base for Synaptics’ future product roadmap that spans billions of units across hundreds of hardware designs. The focus of this position is on developing algorithms that process capacitive touch data to support new features and cutting-edge hardware designs.
The candidate must have a solid understanding of signal and image processing, classification, linear algebra, and be a strong programmer. We need them to develop well-architected, well-tested, well-optimized solutions, as well as any tooling or infrastructure required to enable them. Our architects are expected to be able to identify, root cause, and solve problems, navigate trade-offs, collaborate with other team members and other teams, and have a large repertoire of numerical, debugging, and programming techniques. Our algorithms are closely coupled to the physics of capacitive sensing and the constraints of data acquisition hardware and software, so architects regularly enter these realms to solve problems.
We are seeking a team-oriented individual with a positive attitude and excellent problem solving skills. Our candidate will have a track record of successfully completing technically complex projects. He or she must be effective in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment.
- Design, implement, test, and document algorithms in Matlab and C.
- Assist integration into system firmware.
- As necessary, develop tools for visualization, debugging, data collection, and/or build infrastructure.
- A record of successful, technically complex projects in computer science, electrical engineering, or the physical sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Physics. MS or PhD preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience.
- Strong programming skills in at least one low-level language like C or C++ and at least one high-level language like Python or Matlab.
- Breadth of technical expertise in areas like:
- Mathematical analysis
- Image and signal processing
- Algorithm development
- Statistics and probability
- Embedded firmware
- Rigorous and methodological approach to problem solving
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top