Account Manager, Auto
- Shanghai, China
Job Title: Sales Account Manager - Automotive
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com .
- Develop business opportunities with Strategic China Automotive Accounts, including Car OEMs, Tier Ones, and Eco-system partners.
- Account management includes account plan development, contact management strategy, communication strategy development, BU alignment, project milestone review, critical issue escalation and close-loop tactical execution. Initiate customer product road show, set up executive appointment, manage QBR meeting, forecast and backlog related business planning.
- Account plan requires updates at least once a quarter to refresh Strategic customer's roadmap, organization, contact, challenges, revenue projection and competitors' progress. Account plan also requires updates at least once a quarter to refresh Strategic customers eco-system map. Measurement is to identify Strategic opportunity prior to competitors thru exemplary customer partnership.
- Account plan requires to manage distributors, for the business development, project technical support, fulfilment, and quality issues support.
- Contact management: Develop contact and executive coverage plan to have broader customer contact. It should at least include key account sales for ID, engineers, product manager, marketing, procurement, quality and executives in business units that are relevant to our products. Accountable for communicating company value proposition in every identified contact.
- Communication strategy: Communicate customer expectation and requirement crystal clear to Business Unit thru sales tools and related internal stakeholders. Collect feedback from internal stakeholders to create collaborative wisdom message draft. After proper approval, send message back to set accurate customer expectation.
- BU alignment: Provide weekly comprehensive customer status report and set up weekly call to close-loop every open issue.
- Project milestone review, critical issue escalation and close-loop tactical execution: Identify impacts, critical path and challenge for success, plug key dates and action plan to internal system and tactically execute improvement plan to close-loop every issue.
- Executive appointment: Leverage company executive visits and major exhibition event to create executive appointments.
- QBR: Participate in QBR to identify gaps among Cost, Technology, Market Trend, Quality and fulfillment category; Initiate and execute continuous improvement plan tactically.
- Competitor tracking: Real time provision of competitors ' information / samples
- Contract management: Manage contractual gaps for successful contract signing
- Provide weekly customer summary and proactively report critical issues to internal customers.
- Incidents management: Collect feedback, identify potential impacts and escalate timely
- Business development: develop business at new market or new accounts
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience with China Automotive customers
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Good knowledge of China Automotive market, better for Input device related products
- Strong team work spirit, high integrity and self-driven
- Good written and oral English
- Project management experience is a plus
- Strategize and execute well
- Willing to travel overseas and locally
Back to top