SQA Test Engineer Contractor
Synapse is looking for a highly capable Software Test Engineer who has a passion for great products and technology and is interested in working with Synapse on a full-time contract basis.
A qualified candidate will be a meticulous, detail-oriented individual with a love for finding defects in embedded software. As an active part of multi-disciplinary teams including software and electrical engineers, project managers, and client teams, the Software Test Engineer will have an huge impact on the success of projects and end products.
Synapse aims to foster a fun and creative work atmosphere where engineers can challenge themselves and have fun doing it!
- Work with project managers and development leads to develop functional and regression test plans
- Perform testing, and lead other testers in testing, in an agile embedded software development environment.
- Perform ad-hoc testing of new features during development sprints.
- Assist in development of automated test frameworks.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Associates degree in science, mathematics, or similar.
- 4-year degree in engineering or computer science, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in software testing of consumer electronics and/or medical devices.
- Expertise in common SQA processes and methodologies.
- Expertise with common software tools for requirements management, test plan management, and bug/regression tracking (e.g. JIRA).
- Ability to manage competing priorities in time-sensitive situations and ambiguous requirements.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter.
- Specific experience with testing power consumption of battery-powered devices.
- Specific experience with wearable electronics and wireless communications.
- Familiarity with automated testing and scripting languages (Python, UNIX shell).
- Experience with continuous integration systems.
- Experience working in iterative/Agile software development teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top