Software Design Verification Test (DVT) Engineer
Synapse is looking for a highly capable Software DVT Engineer who has a passion for great products and technology.
Our collaborative team is made up of multi-disciplinary engineers, manufacturing experts, and experienced project and business operations leaders. We work with the world's leading companies to develop cutting-edge products, pushing the boundary of possibility and transforming the landscape of technology.
Your passion, flexibility, and commitment to lifelong learning will be greeted with excellent benefits, including 20 paid personal days a year, paid parental leave, 401K, and outstanding medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents. We offer flexible work schedules and have an open office environment.
Please read on for more information about your next adventure!
A qualified candidate will be a meticulous, detail-oriented individual with a love for finding defects in embedded software. As an active part of multi-disciplinary teams including software and electrical engineers, project managers, and client teams, the Software DVT Engineer will have an huge impact on the success of projects and end products.
Synapse aims to foster a fun and creative work atmosphere where engineers can challenge themselves and have fun doing it!
- Work with project managers and development leads to develop functional and regression test plans
- Define software quality assurance processes and metrics for internal and external stakeholders
- Perform testing, and lead other testers in testing, in an agile embedded software development environment
- Perform ad-hoc testing of new features during development sprints
- Assist in development of automated test frameworks
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Associates degree in science, mathematics, or similar
- 4-year degree in engineering or computer science, preferred
- 3+ years of experience in software testing of consumer electronics and/or medical devices
- Experience testing or debugging hardware or embedded systems preferred
- Expertise with common software tools for requirements management, test plan management, and bug/regression tracking (e.g. JIRA, TestRail)
- Ability to work independently as a self starter
- Specific experience with testing power consumption of battery-powered devices
- Specific experience with wearable electronics and wireless communications (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Familiarity with automated testing and scripting languages (Python, UNIX shell)
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins, GetLab CI)
- Experience working in iterative/Agile software development teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Synapse's Employees
Keren leads a team of Synapse software engineers. Together, they work on unique firmware development for embedded systems within the company’s consumer electronics project division.
Back to top