Senior Program Manager
Synapse is seeking a dynamic Senior Program Manager to join our community!
Our collaborative team is made up of multi-disciplinary engineers, manufacturing experts, and experienced project and business operations leaders. We work with the world’s leading companies to develop cutting-edge products, pushing the boundary of possibility and transforming the landscape of technology.
Your passion, flexibility, and commitment to lifelong learning will be greeted with some of the best benefits in the business, including 20 paid personal days a year, paid parental leave, 401K, and outstanding medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents. We offer flexible work schedules and have an open office environment.
Please read on for more information about your next adventure!
Synapse is looking for a Senior Program Manager to help lead engineering teams in their efforts to design cool products in an incredibly fun, fast-paced, and collaborative team environment. The primary focus of this role is on leading and managing cross-functional teams developing new products, services, and environments for our clients from concept through production. Creative problem solving skills, expert-level skills for communicating internally and externally, and demonstrated success in keeping projects on schedule are important in this role.
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams in complex development projects
- Develop project execution strategies that best match the goals and priorities of the client
- Build and maintain rapport with new and repeat clients through thoughtful communication of project goals, priorities, status, risks and issues
- Create and maintain project schedules and budgets, monitor project team progress and make adjustments as required, assess risks and control scope
- Deliver high quality results on schedule and within budget
Experience and Education
- Technical expertise in one or more engineering disciplines
- Strong relationship building, presentation, and client interaction skills
- Experience shipping commercial products as Lead Project Manager
- Experience working with multiple disciplines such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, and Industrial Design
- Experience estimating and proposing fixed-price projects
- Experience working with overseas contract manufacturers
- Intimate understanding of day to day project delivery requirements, issues, needs and risk mitigation
- Strong understanding and use of project management “Best Practices”, methodologies, standards, and tools
- 5-10 years of experience as a Project Leader/Program Manager
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- Advanced degree is preferred
- Authorized to work in the US
In order to complete our application process, we are asking all candidates to please submit a brief, one page description of the product development process/life cycle. Upload your file (pdf, doc, docx, rtf) in the section labeled “Other”.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top