Senior NPI Engineer
Synapse is seeking a dynamic product realization expert to join our community! This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to lead efforts in bringing new products to market.
Our collaborative team is made up of multi-disciplinary engineers, manufacturing experts, and experienced project and business operations leaders. We work with the world’s leading companies to develop cutting-edge products, pushing the boundary of possibility and transforming the landscape of technology.
Synapse offers competitive salaries and great benefits, including flexible work schedules, 20 paid personal days a year, paid parental leave, 401K, outstanding medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents, and spacious offices with an open collaborative environment. Your passion, flexibility, and commitment to lifelong learning will be greeted with a unique company culture that emphasizes fun as an integral component of delivering world-class products.
Please read on for more information about your next adventure!
Synapse is looking for that rare creative individual who has a passion for great products and technology, and wants to use that passion to shepherd cool product designs into physical products ready for mass production. This person should thrive working in an incredibly fun, fast-paced, and collaborative team environment. The primary focus of the Senior NPI Engineer will be the development of manufacturer relationships, providing client support, and leading the transition from engineering to manufacturing. The successful applicant will be a member of multi-disciplinary teams (ME, RF, EE, FW, SW) working on a wide range of products. Capability, communication, attitude, and a willingness to take ownership and drive results are considered paramount.
You will develop and oversee the realization of product designs into physical products, preparing the design, manufacturers, and our clients for new product introduction. Our work frequently spans from concept development to production and from one person providing supply chain support to 20 person cross functional teams developing and bringing to production entire hardware products in high volumes.
On your projects, you will ensure project success by scoping the effort, developing schedules and manufacturing strategies, aligning customer expectations with hardware development manufacturing timelines to meet project goals, and hand off ownership back to the customer. The hand off happens at various points in the development depending on the opportunity. When conflicting product, schedule, or manufacturing requirements arise, you will research solutions and guide the team toward selecting the best path forward to meet the clients goals.
Come join a fast moving and innovative group that enjoys what they do!
Responsibilities would include:
- Provide leadership for transitioning product designs into manufacturing, inclusive of design and process reviews between the product development and manufacturing teams
- Serve as the focal point of communication for manufacturing-related topics with our client
- Support manufacturing line design and process optimization efforts
- Act as key escalation point and owner for issues regarding sourcing
- Facilitate technical review and approval of manufacturer-driven change requests
- Coordinate with the development team, client, and partners to develop and deliver the required manufacturing test systems
- Coordinate packaging design and fulfillment in tandem with a strategic manufacturing partner
- Communicate with internal teams and customers the project status, progress, hurdles, and propose solutions
- Document best practices and drive continuous improvements in our methods
Broad and extensive manufacturing operations experience in hardware development, including sourcing of relevant raw and semi-finished materials and components, new product introduction, operations planning, factory management outsourcing, and manufacturing partnerships.
Be a team player with cross-discipline collaboration and project management skills, with experience developing efficient work plans for complex projects involving many groups, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and experience operating in cross-cultural / international supply base.
Ability to work independently and within a multi-client environment; be a self-starter with strong combination of business and technical knowledge base.
- B.Sc. and/or M. Sc. in Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in consumer electronics product development
- At least 10 years of manufacturing engineering or new product introduction experience
- Experienced in validating and verifying complex hardware, sub-system designs and developing product and component-level specifications
- Ability to redesign / reprogram facilities card key to gain free games on pinball machine
- Leadership ability, particularly in complex, international, and cross-functional teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent documentation and project management experience
- Must be bilingual with the ability to speak technical engineering and slang manufacturing
- Experience in a broad range of DfX categories
- Experience working with off-shore CMs
- Experience in hardware test, certification and validation
- Experience in SPC, statistical analysis, and yield improvement
- Experience with RF products is preferred
- Experience with reliability testing is preferred
- Gregarious outgoing personality with a strong desire to contribute to the organization
- Excellent teamwork and communication (verbal and written) skills
Back to top