Senior New Product Introduction Engineer (NPI)
Are you passionate about new products and technology? Do you want to use that passion to shepherd revolutionary designs to mass production? Synapse Product Development is looking to hire a Senior New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer to join our fun, fast-paced, and highly collaborative team!
Synapse works with the world's leading companies (Nike, 49ers, Valve and more) to create products that change the way we live. This is accomplished through working with CM's of all sizes around the world, including Jabil, Flex, Sanmina, Creation Technologies, Applied Technical Services, Servatron, and Schippers & Crew.
The primary focus of the Senior NPI Engineer is to develop and oversee the realization of product designs into physical products. A willingness to take ownership and drive results will be extremely important for this role. This person will also develop manufacturer relationships, provide clients with world class customer service, and support our sales teams with manufacturing representation.
We work in a fast-paced multi-client environment. This person should love working collaboratively with a team, but is self motivated enough to get things done. They will need experience developing efficient work plans for complex projects and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
This person will ensure project success by scoping the effort, developing schedules and manufacturing strategies, aligning customer expectations with hardware development manufacturing timelines to meet project goals, and transfer ownership back to the customer. When product, schedule, or manufacturing requirement challenges arise, the Senior NPI Engineer will research solutions and guide the team to forge the best path forward.
- Lead the products transition from development into manufacturing, inclusive of design and process reviews between the product development and manufacturing teams
- Foster communication of manufacturing-related topics with our clients
- Support manufacturing line design and process optimization efforts
- Be our escalation point and owner for component sourcing issues
- Facilitate technical review and approval of manufacturer-driven change requests
- Coordinate with the development team, client, and partners to develop and deliver the required manufacturing test systems
- Coordinate packaging design and fulfillment in tandem with a strategic manufacturing partner
- Communicate with internal teams and customers the project status, progress, hurdles, and propose solutions
- Document best practices and drive continuous improvements in our methods
- Tailor our approach to contract manufacturer (CM) & supply chain identification, evaluation, and recommendations to each project as needed. Own the delivery of those efforts for our clients.
Synapse is searching for someone with broad and extensive manufacturing operations experience in hardware development, including sourcing of relevant raw and semi-finished materials and components, new product introduction, operations planning, factory management outsourcing, and manufacturing partnerships.
- B.Sc. and/or M. Sc. in engineering
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in consumer electronics product development
- At least 10 years of manufacturing engineering or new product introduction experience
- Consulting and/or service focused experience is preferred
- Prior work on both development and manufacturing teams is desireable
- Has led several products from development into mass production successfully
- Experience in validating and verifying complex hardware, sub-system designs and developing product and component-level specifications
- Demonstrated leadership, particularly in complex, international, and cross-functional teams
- Excellent teamwork and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent documentation and project management experience
- Experience in a broad range of DfX categories
- Experience working with off-shore CMs
- A breadth of collaborating with varied CM's in terms of size, capabilities, locations, etc. is preferred
- Experience in hardware test, certification and validation
- Experience in SPC, statistical analysis, and yield improvement is preferred
- Experience with RF products is preferred
- Experience with reliability testing is preferred
- Experience bringing products to mass production in varying volumes is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Synapse's Employees
Vice President, Engineering
Leading the company's engineering efforts, Jeff works with clients to transform their napkin sketch concepts into designs, prototypes, and mass-produced products.
Back to top