Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of engaged and excellence-focused engineers, project managers and business operations professionals to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world's leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
Program Management at Synapse
Synapse's Program Management team, which includes our project and program managers, oversees the design of cool, innovative products by partnering with a multidisciplinary team of software, electrical, mechanical, quality assurance, and new product introduction engineers. Whether scoping a new project or identifying and mitigating risk, Synapse's PMs bring an attitude of fun, flexibility, and fearlessness to an ever-changing array of exciting technical, logistical, and organizational challenges.
Synapse PMs collaborate directly with clients as well as the engineering team, so they are equally comfortable communicating as they are contemplating. They have the tenacity to see a product through from concept to mass production, and they don't mind changing hats for the good of the project. Synapse PMs exhibit a high level of judgment as well as problem-solving skills. Synapse PMs are willing to understand the client's objectives as well as its organizational environment while delighting in exceeding the customer's expectations. And Synapse PMs approach their teams with the eagerness to learn, sense of humor, friendly attitude, and mutual respect that make working at Synapse as enjoyable as it is rewarding.
- Lead and manage multidisciplinary project teams in complex development projects from concept through production
- Work with your technical counterparts to develop project execution strategies that align expectations and best match the goals and priorities of the client
- Build and maintain rapport with clients and other development partners through continuous, supportive communication of project goals, priorities, status, risks, and issues
- Create and maintain project schedules and budgets, monitor project team progress, and make adjustments as required
- Assess risks and control scope
- Clearly communicate tasks, schedules, and deliverables to project team
- Deliver high-quality results on schedule and within budget
- Ability to successfully manage projects and teams that deliver on schedule and within budget constraints
- 2-5 years of product development or project management experience required
- Strong relationship-building, presentation, and client-interaction skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience working with disparate teams of people all marching toward a common goal
- Understanding and use of project management best practices, methodologies, standards, and tools
- Experience with Microsoft Project or equivalent
- Bachelors degree, preferably in engineering
- Authorization to work in the US
REQUIRED Application Item: The Product Development Lifecycle
Please submit a brief, one-page description or diagram of the product development process/life cycle. Upload your file (pdf, doc, docx, rtf) in the section labeled "Other."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Synapse's Employees
Vice President, Engineering
Leading the company's engineering efforts, Jeff works with clients to transform their napkin sketch concepts into designs, prototypes, and mass-produced products.
Back to top