Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of engaged and excellence-focused engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world's leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
About Synapse's San Francisco Office
Synapse's San Francisco site, which will accommodate the office's planned growth in the years ahead, offers proximity to transit as well as the amenities of the SoMa neighborhood. Here, the growing group of about thirty Synapsters balances focus with fun. Wednesday Lunch provides a catered meal to the entire office, as well as a time for employees to celebrate successes and navigate shared challenges. Thursday Active is the office's opportunity to pause and take part in a range of activities-from bike trips and runs, to museum visits and sporting events, to barbecues and poker tournaments.
Program Management at Synapse
Synapse's Program Management team, which includes project and program managers, oversees the design of cool, innovative products and services by partnering with a multidisciplinary team including software, electrical, mechanical, quality assurance, and new product introduction engineers. Whether scoping a new project or identifying and mitigating risk, Synapse's PMs bring an attitude of fun, flexibility, and fearlessness to an ever-changing array of exciting technical, logistical, and organizational challenges.
Synapse PMs collaborate directly with clients as well the engineering team, so they are equally comfortable communicating as they are contemplating. They have the tenacity to see a product through from concept to mass production, and they don't mind changing hats for the good of the project. Synapse PMs exhibit a high level of judgment as well as problem-solving skills. They are eager to understand the client's objectives as well as its organizational environment while delighting in exceeding the customer's expectations. Synapse PMs help our teams maintain focus on the business rationale, implications, and impacts of our work. And Synapse PMs approach their teams with the eagerness to learn, sense of humor, friendly attitude, and mutual respect that make working at Synapse as enjoyable as it is rewarding.
- Lead and manage multidisciplinary project teams in complex development projects from concept through production
- Develop project execution strategies that align expectations and best match the goals and priorities of the client
- Build and maintain rapport with clients and other development partners through continuous, supportive communication of project goals, priorities, status, risks, and issues
- Create and maintain project schedules and budgets, monitor project team progress, and make adjustments as required
- Assess risks and control scope
- Clearly communicate priorities, tasks, schedules, and deliverables to project team
- Direct and manage manufacturing partners domestically and internationally to meet program goals for schedule, quality, and cost
- Contribute to the growth of the business through evangelism, network outreach, and a professional presence that inspires confidence and trust
- Deliver high-quality results on schedule and within budget
- At least ten years of experience as a Project Leader or Program Manager
- Experience having shipped commercial products as Lead Project Manager
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple large-scale projects and teams that deliver products on schedule and within budget constraints
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship-building, presentation, and client-interaction skills
- Experience working with multiple disciplines, such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Industrial Design/UX, and Product/Marketing
- Intimate understanding of day to day project delivery requirements, issues, needs and risk mitigation
- Strong understanding and use of project management best practices, methodologies, standards, and tools
- Experience with project planning and scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project or equivalent
- Bachelor degree, preferably in engineering
- Authorization to work in the US without company sponsorship
Desired Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree, preferably in engineering or business administration
The Product Development Lifecycle
Please submit a brief, one-page description of the product development process/life cycle, REQUIRED. Upload your file (pdf, doc, docx, rtf) in the section labeled "Other."
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS - must apply online
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top