Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of an engaged, energetic, and excellence-focused team of engineers—bolstered by top-notch administrative and operational professionals—to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world's leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
Synapse's electrical engineering and PCB design team helps design cool, innovative products for the consumer and industrial spaces by partnering with a multidisciplinary team of mechanical, software, quality assurance, and new product introduction engineers. Whether prototyping PCBs for a space-constrained embedded device or modeling and building a custom antenna, Synapse's PCB designers and electrical and RF engineers bring an attitude of fun, flexibility, and fearlessness to an ever-changing array of exciting design challenges.
The primary focus of this role is design of PCBs in Altium and Cadence tools. Our PCB design team has extensive experience designing boards for mass production and specializes in the design of HDI boards and FPCs. Many of the devices we work on are space constrained, and it's normal to see an electrical engineer, a mechanical engineer, and an RF engineer all sitting at one of our PCB designers' desks collaborating on how to fit everything into the smallest possible space. Our small PCB design team works with a team of twenty plus electrical engineers working on a wide variety of projects, so they're always doing something new and different.
Our PCB Designers:
- Design PCBs with Altium and Cadence CAD tools
- Work with mechanical and electrical teams to define requirements for board technology
- Work with domestic and international PCB suppliers on capability and cost considerations
- Work with electrical, mechanical, and RF teams on critical parts placement and PCB sizing
- Generate 3D models of PCBs for mechanical engineering review
- Incorporate feedback from electrical and RF teams on PCB routing
- Create fabrication and assembly drawings for PCBs
- Post-process PCB designs to create gerbers and review gerbers prior to manufacturing
- Incorporate design for manufacturability (DFM) feedback from vendors into PCB designs
We are looking for people with:
- 2 plus years of PCB design experience
- Proficiency with at least one CAD software platform (Cadence or Altium), willingness to learn others
- Experience with or interest in FPC and HDI technologies
- Experience with or interest in design of PCBs for high volume manufacturing
- Experience with or interest in working with PCB manufacturers
- Experience or interest in layout of RF components and high speed digital signals
- Desire to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary engineering team
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work between multiple active projects
We strongly encourage you to upload your portfolio in the application section labeled "Other."
The portfolio should exemplify your skills, show projects you have worked on, and highlight any other type of work you've done in the PCB design field. It should be a presentation of you and your experiences as they relate to the job qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Synapse's Employees
Vice President, Engineering
Leading the company's engineering efforts, Jeff works with clients to transform their napkin sketch concepts into designs, prototypes, and mass-produced products.
Back to top