Synapse Product Development is currently looking for top notch Hardware Engineers. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with both startups and Fortune 500 companies to develop products across a wide range of markets and technologies including wearables, drones, VR Headsets, apparel, smart cameras, home automation, and IoT. If you are passionate about technology, engineering, product development, delivering desired results for clients, and close collaboration with a tight-knit group of colleagues, Synapse is the place for you. Synapse offers competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique company culture that emphasizes fun as an integral component of delivering world-class products. Our office is close to Caltrain and we are open to a few days a week telecommuting for the right candidate!
A sense of humor is mandatory. Must be able to make and fulfill commitments to your team and clients. Prior experience in doomsday devices for evil geniuses (or defusing them for super heroes) is a plus.
Come help design the future as part of a great company, and a team of great people!
Major Job Functions:
- Detailed digital / analog / mixed-signal circuit design across a broad range of products and industries
- Contribute to the development of product / system architecture based on elicitation and understanding of client needs and requirements
- Significant contribution to electrical product design, test, and verification from requirements through introduction into manufacturing
- Collaboratively engage with colleagues from other disciplines (Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Project Management, and Business Development) to deliver awesome end products to clients and enable amazing experiences for end users
- Support the Synapse Business Development team in new project scoping and client interaction throughout all product development phases
- Provide quality oversight in technical design reviews for other team members
Qualified Applicants Will Have:
- BS or advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 3+ years of product development experience (concept to production) including design for test and manufacturing
- 3+ years of circuit design experience with significant emphasis on mixed signal and embedded system hardware design
- Previous track record of success in developing electronic hardware
- Positive, proactive attitude with a willingness to take ownership and drive results
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills are a plus
- Previous experience with RF/wireless and/or high-volume products is a plus
- Experience with highly-concurrent, collaborative, multi-disciplinary programs
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity in early phase investigative projects
- Ability to rapidly decipher and prioritize among competing specifications, constraints, and requirements
- Experience with linear and switch mode power supplies for portable electronics
- Experience with charging and protection circuits for Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer batteries
- Experience overseeing PCB layouts, preferably in Allegro or Altium
- Experience effectively interfacing directly with clients or customers as a technical contributor
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Synapse's Employees
Vice President, Engineering
Leading the company's engineering efforts, Jeff works with clients to transform their napkin sketch concepts into designs, prototypes, and mass-produced products.
Back to top