Firmware Engineering Intern - Spring 2017
Synapse is seeking a dynamic Software Engineer to join our internship program and community!
Our collaborative team is made up of multi-disciplinary engineers, manufacturing experts, and experienced project and business operations leaders. Together we work with the world’s leading companies to develop cutting-edge products, pushing the boundary of possibility and transforming the landscape of technology.
Your passion, flexibility, and commitment to lifelong learning will be greeted with some of the best perks in the biz, including a flexible work schedule, snacks and drinks, and open office environment.
Please read on for more information about your next adventure!
Do you enjoy taking gadgets apart to see how they work and make them work better? Do you prefer prototyping your own devices to buying them off the shelf? Have you written assembly language, device drivers, or control systems?
Synapse is looking for bright, motivated computer science and engineering students who enjoy hacking electronic devices and programming at the device level. Expect to be completely immersed in product development including contact with our clients and vendors.
You may be “Synapster” material if you excel at learning, are self-motivated, play as hard as you work, routinely exceed others’ expectations, are mentally flexible, and enjoy taking ownership and sharing success. A good attitude and raw intellect are essential.
The application deadline for this internship is November 1, 2016. Winter/Spring internships start in January, and are approximately 4 months in duration.
- Have a great attitude and carnivorous need to learn
- Answer the question “Are you ready to…” with “yes!” No matter if that question is clean the fridges, design a test fixture, or meet and present to a client in 45 minutes.
- Work with a team of exceptional Software Engineers
- Involvement in multi-disciplinary projects; this may require working with EE and ME geeks!
- Self-start and fill your own plate with something useful to do
- Fluency in C
- Exposure to C++
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with at least one microcontroller and its instruction set, e.g. 8051, TI MSP430, Atmel AVR, ARM Cortex M3, Microchip PIC
- Ability to read, understand, and program to manufacturers’ datasheets
- Exposure to RTOS’s
- Experience with concurrent programming
- Available to intern full time business hours Monday to Friday
- No more than 1 year out from graduation date at start of internship
Please provide sufficient samples of software you have created and are the copyright owner of. It MUST include some code written in C or C++. Please upload your Portfolio in the application section labeled ‘Other’.
Please provide a code sample (required); text file only. Please upload your code sample in the application section labeled ‘Comments’.
Using a plain text file, please write code for the bodies of the following functions and include it as an attachment:
void string_reverse1(char *string)
/* your code here */
char *string_reverse2(const char *string)
/* your code here */
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top