Embedded Software DVT Engineer
Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of an engaged, energetic, and excellence-focused team of engineers—bolstered by top-notch administrative and operational professionals—to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world's leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
A qualified candidate will be a meticulous, detail-oriented individual with a love for finding defects in embedded software. As an active part of multi-disciplinary teams including software and electrical engineers, project managers, and client teams, the Embedded Software DVT Engineer will have a huge impact on the success of projects and end products.
Synapse aims to foster a fun and creative work atmosphere where engineers can challenge themselves and have fun doing it!
- Work with project managers and development leads to develop functional and regression test plans.
- Define software quality assurance processes and metrics for internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform testing, and lead other testers in testing, in an agile embedded software development environment.
- Perform ad-hoc testing of new features during development sprints.
- Assist in development of automated test frameworks.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Associates degree in science, mathematics, or similar.
- 4-year degree in engineering or computer science, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in software testing of consumer electronics and/or medical devices.
- Testing or debugging hardware or embedded systems preferred.
- Software/hardware quality assurance processes and methodologies.
- Software tools for requirements management, test plan management, and bug/regression tracking (e.g. JIRA, TestRail).
- Ability to manage competing priorities in time-sensitive situations and ambiguous requirements.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter.
- Specific experience with testing power consumption of battery-powered devices.
- Bench equipment; oscilloscope, logic analyzer, DMM, battery simulator, etc.
- Specific experience with wearable electronics and wireless communications (Bluetooth Low Energy).
- Familiarity with automated testing and scripting languages a plus (Python, UNIX shell).
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins, GetLab CI).
- Experience working in iterative/Agile software development teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Synapse's Employees
Vice President, Engineering
Leading the company's engineering efforts, Jeff works with clients to transform their napkin sketch concepts into designs, prototypes, and mass-produced products.
Back to top