Electrical Engineering Technical Lead
Electrical Engineering Technical Lead
Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of engaged and excellence-focused engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world's leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
About Synapse's Seattle Office
Synapse's headquarters in the heart of downtown Seattle maintains many of the hallmarks of the company's start-up roots. The dog-friendly open office environment buzzes with activity, and employees are just as likely to solve problems over the ping-pong table as at the white board. With more than one hundred employees at this work site, Seattle Synapsters maintain the traditions of Wednesday Lunch, a weekly catered meal when the entire office comes together to celebrate successes and navigate shared challenges; Beer:30, where Synapsters are welcome to unwind every other Friday afternoon; and a variety of social events in which family and friends are invited to join in on the fun.
Electrical Engineering at Synapse
Synapse's Electrical Engineering team helps design cool, innovative products for the consumer and industrial spaces by partnering with a multidisciplinary team of mechanical, software, quality assurance, and new product introduction engineers. Whether prototyping PCBs for a space-constrained embedded device or modeling and building a custom antenna, Synapse's electrical and RF engineers bring an attitude of fun, flexibility, and fearlessness to an ever-changing array of exciting design challenges.
Synapse engineers collaborate directly with clients as well as each other, so they are equally comfortable communicating as they are contemplating. They have the tenacity to see a product through from concept to mass production, and they don't mind changing hats for the good of the project. Synapse engineers are always learning-and teaching: the opportunity to be a listener and a leader exists for engineers at every level. They are willing to understand the client's objectives as well as its organizational environment while delighting in exceeding the customer's expectations. Synapse engineers approach each other with the eagerness to learn, sense of humor, friendly attitude, and mutual respect that make working at Synapse as enjoyable as it is rewarding.
The primary focus of this role is on designing, prototyping, and testing PCB-based embedded systems. As an EE Technical Lead, you will lead a team of electrical engineers working on a project. Our projects range from short technology investigations to full end-to-end high-volume product development. You will work with the project manager and other discipline Technical Leads to plan and prioritize work, and you will communicate directly with clients. You may be asked to play the role of Technical Authority on projects, which is a systems engineering role and the main point of technical contact for a client. You'll also be deeply involved in technical work including prototyping and modeling, schematic design, PCB layout, and testing.
- Provide technical oversight and leadership of electrical engineering work on a project
- Act as the main point of contact for clients on electrical engineering questions
- Participate in project planning and risk mitigation with project managers and other engineering disciplines
- Perform early phase product investigations including system architecture, power budget development, and PCB floor planning
- Conduct detailed circuit design and analysis, including schematic design and simulation
- Oversee PCB layout in cooperation with our in-house PCB design team
- Perform bring-up, functional validation, and debugging of PCBs
- Develop and execute test plans
- Design for manufacturing, test, and assembly
- Interface with contract manufacturers
- Four-year degree in Electrical Engineering or related field; MS or PhD a plus
- Four-plus years of experience designing and implementing embedded systems hardware
- Experience or interest in technical project planning and task delegation
- Hands on experience in hardware test and validation
- Experience in part creation and schematic design, preferably in OrCAD Capture or Altium
- Experience managing PCB layout, preferably in Allegro/OrCAD PCB Designer or Altium
- Experience or interest in high-volume consumer electronics and work with off-shore contract manufacturers
- Experience with or interest in low power battery operated systems and RF/wireless products
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in small and large multidisciplinary teams
- The ability to keep calm and laugh when the magic smoke comes out of a board
We strongly encourage you to upload your portfolio in the application section labeled "Other."
The portfolio should exemplify your skills, show projects you have worked on, and highlight any other type of work you've done in the electrical engineering field. It should be a presentation of you and your experiences as they relate to the job qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top