Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of engaged and excellence-focused engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world's leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
Sales Team at Synapse
Synapse's sales team, which includes Account Directors and Account Managers, is critical in helping Synapse grow by sourcing and onboarding new clients, maintaining strategic relationships, and defining strategies to expand the business. They have a deep understanding of technology and product development and are passionate about helping their clients realize their goals, whether they are ambitious startups or Fortune 100 brands.
During the sales process, Synapse ADs and AMs collaborate directly with clients as well as the engineering, contracts, and executive teams to ensure that Synapse is providing the best solutions possible. During project execution, the ADs and AMs actively maintain relationships with their clients, enabling Synapse to respond to and anticipate needs. ADs and AMs also think strategically about how to grow Synapse and they collaborate with the marketing and engineering teams to develop strategies for expanding the business into new or emerging market verticals.
- Identify companies that are potential clients for Synapse
- Listen to client needs and assess Synapse's fitness for meeting those needs
- Identify and close substantial sales opportunities
- Work with the technical teams to develop and maintain a strategy for executing projects, ensuring that this strategy is consistent with providing the desired result for the client
- Negotiate contracts, including MSAs and SOWs, in collaboration with legal counsel
- Develop strong commercial relationships with senior executives in client and potential client companies to enable further sales opportunities and ensure alignment with client needs
- Advocate and promote the client's voice within Synapse to optimize team organization, operation, and communication
- Actively utilize market information to guide the technical team, inform strategy, and drive internal investments
- Help to execute marketing activities including PR, social media, and events
- Maintain a deep and wide understanding of all services that Synapse offers to enable communicating the value of Synapse to prospective clients
- Minimum 7 years' experience working in Business Development, Sales, or Account Management in professional services, preferably in Consumer or Industrial development environments
- Experience in a fee-for-service engineering business environment
- A deep understanding and passion for the technology and product development industry, including major players, products and service providers
- A strong technical background and excellent understanding of the Product Development & Realization process
- Evidence of having been successful in a business development, innovation, insights, marketing or product development leadership role creating breakthrough products and bringing them to market
- A proven track record of delivering sales of substantial contract value, and developing senior account relationships
- Experience leading negotiation of complex contracts
- A track record in developing and maintaining long term partnership relationships with key target accounts
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to juggle several opportunities across different geographies and markets, prioritizing according to the company direction and vision
- Both a technical and commercial mindset with at least a Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline or in the physical sciences
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Synapse's Employees
Vice President, Engineering
Leading the company's engineering efforts, Jeff works with clients to transform their napkin sketch concepts into designs, prototypes, and mass-produced products.
Back to top