Technical Support Engineer, UK
Symphony is looking for a Level 2 & 3 Technical Support Engineer in their London office. This is a frontline role at Symphony and the successful candidate will work closely with customers troubleshooting software issues and helping to bring them to a quick resolution. In addition, Technical Support Engineers will work closely with both the Solutions Engineering and Community Specialist teams to ensure the successful on-boarding of Symphony users with a persistent focus on customer satisfaction. Symphony operates a follow the sun 24x7x365 support model and as such, shift work may be required. Candidates must have strong Customer Services skills and a technical background.
- To be the first point of contact in dealing with support queries via named contacts at customer sites
- Prioritize, investigate, diagnose and resolve issues relating to Symphony services
- Liaise with Symphony Development Operations and Product teams on issues that cannot be readily resolved at first contact
- Ensure that tickets are followed up, kept up to date and properly closed to ensure adherence with SLAs
- Assist the Solutions Engineers with implementations of Symphony Services by acting as a conduit to Development Operations
- Assist in product testing and research
- Working knowledge of corporate network infrastructure topology and protocols including firewall configuration, DNS management, network routing and IP connectivity
- Understanding of SAML specification to support Client Single Sign On (SSO)
- Good knowledge and experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Familiar with cloud based service (SaaS) deployment and support
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Ability to deal with difficult callers and to work calmly and professionally under pressure
- Logical approach to troubleshooting including good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good accurate record keeping abilities – detail oriented
- Experience in supporting Financial Services and Investment Banking customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Experience with helpdesk ticket/logging tools (ZenDesk experience beneficial, Jira)
- Knowledge of Compliance platforms including Actiance, Global Relay, HP Autonomy, Smarsh, etc.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in customer services and/or technical support in one of the following fields: Financial Services firm or vendor, Technology § Software, Collaboration or Unified Communications technology
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
$100 million in new funding:
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Back to top