Technical Support Engineer, NY
Symphony is looking for a Level 2 & 3 Software Application Support Engineer/Technical Support Engineer in their New York office. This is a frontline role at Symphony and the successful candidate will work closely with customers troubleshooting software issues and helping to bring them to a quick resolution. In addition, Technical Support Engineers will work closely with both the Solutions Engineering and Community Specialist teams to ensure the successful on-boarding of Symphony users with a persistent focus on customer satisfaction. Symphony operates a follow the sun 24x7x365 support model and as such, weekend coverage is required at times. Candidates must have strong Customer Services skills and a technical background.
- To be the first point of contact in dealing with support queries via named contacts at customer sites
- Prioritize, investigate, diagnose and resolve issues relating to Symphony services
- Liaise with Symphony Development Operations and Product teams on issues that cannot be readily resolved at first contact
- Ensure that tickets are followed up, kept up to date and properly closed to ensure adherence with SLAs
- Assist the Solutions Engineers with implementations of Symphony Services by acting as a conduit to Development Operations
- Assist in product testing and research
- Working knowledge of corporate network infrastructure topology and protocols including firewall configuration, DNS management, network routing and IP connectivity
- Understanding of SAML specification to support Client Single Sign On (SSO)
- Good knowledge and experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Familiar with cloud based service (SaaS) deployment and support
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Ability to deal with difficult callers and to work calmly and professionally under pressure
- Logical approach to troubleshooting including good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good accurate record keeping abilities – detail oriented
- Experience in supporting Financial Services and Investment Banking customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Experience with helpdesk ticket/logging tools (ZenDesk experience beneficial, Jira)
- Knowledge of Compliance platforms including Actiance, Global Relay, HP Autonomy, Smarsh, etc.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in customer services and/or technical support in one of the following fields: Financial Services firm or vendor, Technology § Software, Collaboration or Unified Communications technology
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $170 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
As a visual designer, Jessica is responsible for creating what the user sees and interacts with—crafting a graphical interface that is logical and intuitive to use.
Back to top