Technical Program Manager - Engineering Services
Symphony.com is building a highly available communications platform for the most demanding organizations on the planet. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager for the Engineering Services team. This individual will lead strategic initiatives focused on making the Symphony platform more automated, resilient, and scalable in the cloud (Automation, DevOps, Scalable Cloud Services).
We want to maintain world-class standards for reliability and performance while at the same time optimizing our operating model. We are looking for a hands-on leader to work cross-functionally with Managers, DevOps, and Automation specialists to articulate and help deliver our operations roadmap.
This role blends strong project management skills with Operations product delivery. The right candidate will interact principally with our architecture, automation and DevOps teams but will also work on cross-silo projects, interacting with other engineering teams and the product team. The role also interacts regularly with our CTO and his direct reports.
Candidates must have experience in the operations space and ideally with SaaS services. Strong skill set in the use of Jira and other related tools.
- Manage the timely completion of project deliverables, both internal and vendor out-sourced
- Identify project requirements, resources, milestone criteria, task dependencies, and create schedules to effectively manage multiple, simultaneous projects
- Track the day-to-day schedules of project deliverables, work directly with cross-functional team members to facilitate communication and provide status updates and manage risk
- Define measurable performance and operational metrics
- Accountable for the execution and the outcome of each initiative across all functions; this includes defining detailed project plans and writing specifications
- Manage technical risks in the project during the agile development lifecycle
- Lead key meetings such as Roadmap Planning, Sprint Planning, Grooming, and Sprint Demos
- Collaborate with internal engineering, third party services and operations teams through the design, development, testing, product release, and maintenance of the product to ensure its quality and successful delivery
- Share accountability on achieving measurable goals and executing the roadmap with Engineering partners
- Day-to-day management of Jira tickets
The ideal candidate will demonstrate characteristics and experiences that include:
- BA/BS in computer science or related field; strong technical skills
- At least 5 years of experience as a dev manager/software engineer in an enterprise software company
- At least 5 years proven experience leading the execution of highly technical and complex programs
- Proven experience of leading architecture/system-level initiatives
- SaaS performance and servicing domain expertise required. Key areas include:
- Cloud applications platforms: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure
- Application performance management and profiling, both for web, mobile, server and cloud applications
- Development acceleration: continuous build, continuous deployment
- Scalability: high availability, multi-tenant and multi-zones architectures
- Systems architecture: SOA, open platforms, micro-services
- Creative problem solving skills as well as the ability to ignite the creativity of others
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- A leader that brings both strategic and tactical capabilities. Able to gain the respect of the team on the basis of execution, knowledge, hands-on style, and decision making ability
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to operate successfully in a rapid growth environment. Not afraid to fail; brings a mentality of rapid innovation and the desire to attain big goals
- High level of self-training and self-drive. High integrity, principles, and ethics
- Tech startup experience required
- Ability to build relationships quickly and be authentic. Solid sense of humor required
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
- Competitive salary based on experience, skills, and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) Plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive (Stock Option) plan / Health/Dental/Vision/401k
(We accept existing H1B Visa applicants)
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company.
Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top