Sr. HR Business Partner
At Symphony, our mission is to help people communicate, collaborate, and enjoy work. Our flexible, secure messaging platform is changing the way people do business in the financial services industries — and that’s just the beginning.
We aspire to deliver an intuitive, delightful experience that helps people extract meaning from the madness in today’s noisy landscape of business communication. To accomplish this, we need a world-class organization that’s passionate, empathetic, and excited to take on huge challenges. That’s where you come in and a key resource aligning our people strategy with our business priorities.
The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner provides strategic, consultative and project management duties to support the development and delivery of people initiatives that drive business results. This role is key in developing communications, project management support and structure to work teams, supports HR and business initiatives, conducts data analysis and reporting, and manages feedback loops for all stakeholders.
- Manage the implementation, communication, and monitoring of the organization's strategic HR and Staffing programs
- Form partnerships within the HR & Staffing function and across the business to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization
- Engage in consultation, workforce planning, talent management, change management, performance management, and employee relations
- Provide guidance on HR and Staffing matters to business leaders
- Perform/conduct analysis as well as leverage, create, and/or build reports from various data sources
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- 5-7 years' experience managing HR programs (e.g. performance management, talent calibration, management development, etc.), spanning across of mix of environments (startup / enterprise)
- Solid experience building HR programs from scratch
- Prior experience at a tech startup; high velocity, high volume engagement (i.e. work hard to get the job done and drive impact on how we scale/grow)
- Demonstrated experience working with a range of personalities; equally adept working with executives and working in the trenches
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills; ability to respond to changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical capability with proven success in managing confidential data
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties at all levels of the organization
- Ability to be highly collaborative and drive partnership, alignment, and effective and efficient communication across all HR areas and the business
- Experience with Google docs and proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint; demonstrated ability to develop reports and presentations
- Strong multi-tasking and quick decision reflexes
- Legal mindset; document and very organized written communications and high attention to detail
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world's largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial's S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we're looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Life and AD&D coverage
Short-term and long-term disability coverage
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account benefits
Uncapped vacation and sick time
Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
Discounted gym memberships
Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
Competitive base salary, bonus, and incentive (stock option) plan
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company.
Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Front-End Software Engineer
Matt and his team creates every one of Symphony's interaction tools. They work with customers in mind, making sure everything users come across on the company browser is functional and beautiful.
Back to top