Sr. Engineering Program Manager
Symphony.com is building a highly available communications platform for the most demanding organizations on the planet. We are looking for a Program Manager for the Engineering team. This individual will lead strategic initiatives focused on making the Symphony platform more automated, resilient, and scalable in the cloud.
We want to maintain world-class standards for reliability and performance while at the same time optimizing our operating model. We are looking for a hands-on leader to work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product Managers, and Site Reliability teams to articulate and help deliver our product roadmap. This role blends strong project management skills with a program management mindset that fuels product delivery.
Candidates must have experience in the software development space and ideally with SaaS services. Strong skill set in the use of Jira and other related tools.
- Manage the timely completion of project deliverables, both internal and vendor out-sourced
- Identify project requirements, resources, milestone criteria, task dependencies, and create schedules to effectively manage multiple, simultaneous projects
- Track the day-to-day schedules of project deliverables, work directly with cross-functional team members to facilitate communication and provide status updates and manage risk
- Define measurable performance and operational metrics
- Assume full ownership for the execution and the outcome of each initiative across all functions; this includes defining detailed project plans
- Manage technical risks in the project during the agile development lifecycle
- Lead key cross functional meetings such as Roadmap Planning, Sprint Planning, Grooming, and Sprint Demos
- Collaborate with internal engineering, third party services and operations teams through the design, development, testing, product release, and maintenance of the product to ensure its quality and successful delivery
- Share accountability on achieving measurable goals and executing the roadmap with Engineering partners
- Identify, mitigate, and resolve dependencies in cross departmental efforts
- Day-to-day management of Jira boards and ensure team members are updating their tickets
The ideal candidate will demonstrate characteristics and experiences that include:
- BA/BS in computer science or a related field; strong technical skills
- 5+ years of experience as a dev manager/software engineer in an enterprise software company
- 5+ years proven experience leading the execution of highly technical and complex programs
- Proven experience of leading architecture/system-level initiatives
- SaaS performance and servicing domain expertise required. Key areas include:
- Strong knowledge about Infrastructure, Virtualization technologies, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Containers, Kubernetes, and cloud specific architecture design
- Application performance management and profiling, both for web, mobile, server and cloud applications
- Development acceleration: continuous build, continuous deployment, automation
- Scalability: high availability, multi-tenant and multi-zones architectures
- Systems architecture: SOA, open platforms, micro-services
- Creative problem solving skills as well as the ability to ignite the creativity of others
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- A leader that brings both strategic and tactical capabilities. Able to gain the respect of the team on the basis of execution, knowledge, hands-on style, and decision making ability
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to operate successfully in a rapid growth environment. Not afraid to fail; brings a mentality of rapid innovation and the desire to attain big goals
- High level of self-training and self-drive. High integrity, principles, and ethics
- Tech startup experience
- Ability to build relationships quickly and be authentic
- Be the “can do” mentality leader - pick up and run with the project beyond the finish line
Symphony offers a secure team collaboration platform that transforms the way users communicate effectively and securely with a single workflow application. Forging a new path in the industry, Symphony is designed to help individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve productivity while meeting complex data security and regulatory compliance needs. Symphony was founded in October 2014 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in Hong Kong, London, New York, Paris, Singapore, Sophia-Antipolis, Stockholm and Tokyo.
Symphony has raised roughly $460 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top