Symphony is looking for Solutions Architects to work in their London office. As the primary technical resource during the implementation phases, you will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation and implementation stages once a sale is complete, working as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. You must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The role encompasses a post-sales product and user on-boarding element and may involve some pre-sales engagement with the Sales Engineering team. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for implementing our services and acting as a consultant during the integration process. In addition, the solutions architect must be able to identify any technical issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the on-boarding processes. The successful candidate must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the post-sales cycle and will work closely with the Sales Engineering Team as well as the Technical Support Teams and Helpdesks.
- Responsible for development and delivery of technical presentations to customers and internal associates.
- May be required to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Gather customer requirements for Product Management and Support teams
- Consult with customer technical teams to gather technical requirements during implementation and integration phases
- Project manage Symphony Services implementations from initial on-boarding to hand over to Community Specialist and Support Teams – this includes hand on support of client technical teams during on-premise installations
- Assist in product testing and research
- Provide reporting on implementation activities, customer initiatives, and product requirements
- Contribute technical documentation and content as needed for services and products
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree is required. Concentration in Engineering, Software Design, Mathematics or Technology Management is preferred.
- Authorized to work in the U.K.
- Working knowledge of corporate network infrastructure topology and protocols including firewall configuration, DNS management, network routing and IP connectivity
- Understanding of SAML specification to support client based Single Sign On (SSO)
- Knowledge of Compliance platforms including Actiance, Global Relay, HP Autonomy, Smarsh etc.
- Familiar with cloud based service (SaaS) deployment and support
- Strong technical skills as outlined in Skills section
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a deep knowledge of technology
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate implementation obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
EXPERIENCE: Working within teams focussed on solutions-based sales
- Relevant experience as a Solutions Engineer/Architect or Technical Sales Support in any of the following fields:
- Financial services firm or vendor
- Collaboration or Unified Communications technology
- Alternatively years of experience in the following fields:
- Technology or business strategy consulting
- Network engineering/administration
- Web services/API programming or development
- Telephony or video network design and planning
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- RHEL, Java App servers (Tomcat, GlassFish, Jetty)
- SSL Certificate management
- DNS, VPN (configuring)
- Strong networking skills
- Big Data exposure (Hadoop, HBASE, Mongo)
- Basic understanding of security models
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent in person and virtual presentation skills
- Drive and self-motivation to focus on results and helping teams win and accomplish their goals
- Expeditious, with thorough and accurate customer follow up skills
- Very good problem solving skills
- Good business strategy, planning and project management skills
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $233 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
As a UX developer, Matt perfects the surface of the app, collaborating with his cross-functional team as they translate user feedback into code to create a truly enjoyable user experience.
Back to top