Software Engineering Director - Core Product UI
You'll own and manage Symphony's web client.
You'll manage the team that designs and implements an enterprise-class messaging application, including client-based, end to end encryption and related security in the browser.
We use React/Redux extensively and chromium / webkit for native integration.
The UI is a first class citizen in our model, and our business is built on providing features and security consideration never before combined.
- Lead, shape, grow and manage the team that is creating the front line product UI. They are responsible for cutting edge features (search, notifications, resilience connections, rich presence / MPOP) with a complete focus not only on end to end encryption, but also compliance and regulatory integration.
- Work with Product Design leads to design and implement the next generation of Symphony’s products
- Oversee and guide the building of efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Split your time 50/50 between hands-on development and management related duties
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Establish and enforce habits of high-quality software development
- Mentor and drive a growing team to improve
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- 10+ years professional experience in hands-on front end software development
- Experience with up to date front end technologies
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
SYMPHONY'S TECHNOLOGY STACK:
We selected Apache Kafka, Apache Solr, MongoDB and HBase due to their superior distributed nature, performance, reliability, and ability to scale to the volume of data generated by the expected workload. We built out the ReSTFUL web services layer in a stateless manner using Apache Tomcat, meaning capacity could be added linearly, by simply adding more boxes behind the load balancer.
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
- Competitive salary based on experience, skills, and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) Plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive Base Salary and Incentive (Stock Option) plan / Health/Dental/Vision/401k
(We accept existing H1B Visa applicants)
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top