Senior User Experience Designer, Platform
At Symphony, we're on a mission to help people communicate, collaborate, and enjoy their work. Our secure messaging platform is changing the way people do business in information-sensitive industries, with financial services being our first vertical.
Symphony’s success will rely heavily on our ability to deliver intuitive, delightful user experiences that raise the bar for elegance and effectiveness in business communication.
To accomplish this, we need a world-class design organization that’s passionate, empathetic, and excited to take on huge challenges. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for a creative, passionate, and detail-oriented Sr. Experience Designer. Our ideal candidate is an overall design generalist and interaction design expert who is as comfortable hashing out big-picture workflow and strategy as you are prototyping detailed visual and interaction execution.
You'll work closely with a talented and growing platform organization to bring our user and developer experience to life. You will be designing sample applications, contributing to our emerging design language, and developing an elegant and modern developer portal where partners and developers will leverage our SDK to extend and build value upon the Symphony platform.
- You are a maker and a doer, and are always hungry to take up new skillsets that keep your design chops fresh.
- You care about the little details and the big picture, and move nimbly between strategy and execution.
- You’re a natural problem solver who loves a good challenge.
- You iterate quickly, incorporating feedback from stakeholders.
- You work well both autonomously and as part of a vibrant and diverse team.
- You adapt quickly and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have the proven ability to shape the direction and execution of projects from start to finish.
- You have a strong portfolio that displays your thought process through design artifacts, including code, prototypes, drawings, and storyboards.
- You balance a data driven-approach with common sense and inspired creativity.
- Contribute to all aspects of design for a complex product or feature set.
- Develop elegant and effective user experiences.
- 8+ years experience in product experience design (Web, mobile, and desktop).
- Comfortable delivering all aspects of design — from concept to execution.
- Extensive understanding of standard design patterns and systems, especially Google Material Design, Android, and iOS.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a great sense of humor.
- An exceptional online portfolio that shows off your strength and range as a designer, thinker, and communicator. (Please include a link in your application.)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment, working with a mix of in-person, hybrid, and fully-remote partners.
- Solid agile/lean UX fundamentals.
- English required, French preferred.
- Experience delivering full, end-to-end user experience design for a complete product, or a major element of a large product suite or platform.
- Experience designing real-time chat, collaboration, or productivity products.
- Experience driving and incorporating user research at all stages of development.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on local requirements.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Proof of Right to Work is required following local legal requirements.
All of the information provided by you in this Application will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact email@example.com.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Director, Engineering Operations
As the Director of Engineering Operations for product delivery, Lily works to create an ecosystem at Symphony where everyone in the department—both internal and external—is getting what they need to succeed.
Back to top