Senior User Experience Designer
- Sophia Antipolis, France
At Symphony, we’re on a mission to help people communicate, collaborate and enjoy their work. Our secure messaging and meetings platform is changing the way people do business in information sensitive industries. Our customers are fast-paced, and rely on Symphony to keep up.
Symphony’s success relies heavily on our ability to deliver intuitive, delightful user experiences to raise the bar for elegance and effectiveness in business communication. To accomplish this, we need a world-class design organization that’s passionate, empathetic, and excited to take on huge challenges. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for a creative, passionate, and detail-oriented Senior User Experience Designer. You are a maker and a doer and are always hungry to take up new skill sets and keep your design skills fresh. Our ideal candidate is an overall design generalist and interaction design expert who is as comfortable hashing out big-picture workflow and strategy as they are prototyping detailed visual and interaction execution. You care about the little details and the big picture and move nimbly between strategy and execution. You'll work closely with a talented and growing organization to bring our user experience to life.
- Develop elegant and effective user experiences
- Close collaboration with UX researchers, Product teams, Sales organizations and customers to quickly iterate on solutions
- Natural problem solver who loves a good challenge
- Incorporates, iterates and improves user experiences in review sprint cycles
- Shapes the direction and execution of projects from start to finish
- Contributes and can positively impact our evolving design system
- Integrates a data driven-approach and user testing balanced with common sense and inspired creativity for creating intuitive user experiences across desktop and mobile
- A strong portfolio displaying your thought process through design artifacts, including code, prototypes, drawings, and storyboards. Please include in your application.
- 5+ years experience in product experience design (Web, mobile, and Desktop Applications)
- Comfortable delivering all aspects of design — from concept to execution
- FIGMA, Sketch, UX Industry tools experience
- Experience prototyping interactions with varying tools and methods
- Extensive understanding and contributor to standard design patterns and systems, such as Windows 10, Google Material Design, Android, and iOS
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both in person and remote
- Comfortable with change and can adapt in a dynamic environment, working with a mix of in-person and fully-remote partners
- Knowledge of Agile and UX fundamentals
- English language skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Familiarity with financial services workflows and user experience
- Experience with Atlassian tools
- Experience delivering full, end-to-end user experience design for a complete product, or a major element of a large product suite or platform
- Experience designing real-time chat, collaboration, or productivity products
- Experience driving and incorporating user research at all stages of development
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a bright future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of all employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Note: If considered for a position you will be subject to a criminal background check. A conviction is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case will be considered on its own merits. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances, the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for, and any pattern of offenses may, however, be considered.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top