Senior User Experience Designer
At Symphony, we're on a mission to help people communicate, collaborate, and enjoy their work. Our secure messaging platform is changing the way people do business in information-sensitive industries, with financial services being our first vertical.
Symphony’s success will rely heavily on our ability to deliver intuitive, delightful user experiences that raise the bar for elegance and effectiveness in business communication.
To accomplish this, we need a world-class design organization that’s passionate, empathetic, and excited to take on huge challenges. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for a creative, passionate, and detail-oriented Sr. User Experience Designer. You are a maker and a doer and are always hungry to take up new skill sets that keep your design chops fresh. Our ideal candidate is an overall design generalist and interaction design expert who is as comfortable hashing out big-picture workflow and strategy as they are prototyping detailed visual and interaction execution. You care about the little details and the big picture and move nimbly between strategy and execution. You'll work closely with a talented and growing organization to bring our user experience to life.
- Develops elegant and effective user experiences
- Natural problem solver who loves a good challenge
- Incorporates, iterates and improves user experiences in review sprint cycles
- Shapes the direction and execution of projects from start to finish
- Contributes and can positively impact our evolving design system
- Integrates a data driven-approach and user testing balanced with common sense and inspired creativity for creating intuitive user experiences across desktop and mobile
- You have a strong portfolio that displays your thought process through design artifacts, including code, prototypes, drawings, and storyboards
- 8+ years experience in product experience design (Web, mobile, and desktop Applications)
- Comfortable delivering all aspects of design — from concept to execution
- FIGMA, Sketch, UX Industry tool experience required
- Extensive understanding and contributor to standard design patterns and systems, such as Windows 10, Google Material Design, Android, and iOS
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a great sense of humor
- An exceptional online portfolio that shows off your strength and range as a ux designer, thinker, and communicator. (Please include a link in your application)
- Comfortable with change and can adapt in a dynamic environment, working with a mix of in-person, team meetings and fully-remote partners
- Solid agile/lean UX fundamentals
- English required
- Prepared to Travel up to 15% of the time
- Experience delivering full, end-to-end user experience design for a complete product, or a major element of a large product suite or platform
- Experience designing real-time chat, collaboration, or productivity products
- Experience driving and incorporating user research at all stages of development
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Region specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefit (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact email@example.com.
Back to top