Senior Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer specialist Japanese / English Speaker (Hong Kong)
Symphony is looking for a Level 2 & 3 Software Application Support Engineer, Enterprise/Technical Support Engineer in Hong Kong. This is a frontline role at Symphony and the successful candidate will work closely with customers troubleshooting software issues and helping to bring them to a quick resolution. In addition, Technical Support Engineers will work closely with both the Solutions Engineering and Community Specialist teams to ensure the successful on-boarding of Symphony users with a persistent focus on customer satisfaction. Symphony operates a follow the sun 24x7x365 support model and as such, you may be required to work weekends. Candidates must have strong Customer Services skills and a technical background.
- To be the first point of contact in dealing with support queries via named contacts at customer sites from all countries with a specific focus on Japanese customers..
- Prioritize, investigate, diagnose and resolve issues relating to Symphony services.
- Liaise with Symphony Development Operations and Product teams on issues that cannot be readily resolved at first contact.
- Ensure that tickets are followed up, kept up to date and properly closed to ensure adherence with SLAs.
- Assist the Solutions Engineers with implementations of Symphony Services by acting as a conduit to Development Operations.
- Assist in product testing and research by filing bugs or product issues in our problem management system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Japanese (native or professional)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of corporate network infrastructure topology and protocols including firewall configuration, DNS management, network routing and IP connectivity
- Understanding of SAML specification to support Client Single Sign On (SSO)
- Good knowledge and experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Familiar with cloud based service (SaaS) deployment and support
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Ability to deal with difficult callers and to work calmly and professionally under pressure
- Logical approach to troubleshooting including good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good accurate record keeping abilities – detail oriented
- Experience in supporting Financial Services and Investment Banking customers
- Experience with helpdesk ticket/logging tools (ZenDesk experience beneficial, Jira)
- Knowledge of Compliance platforms including Actiance, Global Relay, HP Autonomy, Smarsh, etc.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Must be authorized to work in Hong Kong.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in customer services and/or technical support in one of the following fields: Financial Services firm or vendor, Technology § Software, Collaboration or Unified Communications technology
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
Symphony transforms the way users communicate effectively and securely with a single workflow application. Forging a new path in the industry, Symphony is designed to help individuals, teams and organizations of all sizes improve productivity, while meeting complex data security and regulatory compliance needs. Symphony was founded in October 2014 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Stockholm, Sophia-Antipolis and London.
Symphony has raised roughly $300 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
If the Job you are applying for is in the EMEA region pls read the folllwing:
All of the information provided by you in this Application will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top