Senior Systems Administrator
At Symphony, we’re building the platform that powers at work. To do that, our IT team is helping our employees thrive by enabling them to focus on running our business. Success in this role starts with your exceptional partnering skills, your drive for clear communications, and your curiosity that helps fuel innovative ways to solve client needs.
We’re looking for someone with a balance of handling client requests while working on solutions that scale the business, mixed with a flair for innovation, networking expertise and an appetite for evolution. We’re a data driven team and we never stop iterating and we are doing this on a global scale. If you are driven, have a global mindset, and want to work in a supportive, growth environment, we’d love to hear from you.
The Sr. Systems Administrator will be located onsite at Symphony’s London office. This position reports to the Sr. Manager IT located in Palo Alto, CA. The Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for managing IT operations and infrastructure for Symphony’s EMEA/APAC region. Responsibilities include working with employees to troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve, common IT-related requests. This role will be the global point of contact for the configuration and deployment of Cisco and Checkpoint Firewalls, switches and Access Points. This position will also handle Windows Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, JAMF Casper Suite, Mac/PCs, Printers, VOIP telephony, Audio/Video collaboration conferencing, Google Apps, MS Office 2013+.
- Provide IT desktop support to employees in EMEA region as well as assist with global user support as required
- Responsible for the design, install and configure internal servers, network devices and firewalls
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, VMware and other relevant technologies
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance
- Support Apple Macs and Windows PCs in an enterprise environment
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical systems
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse
- Maintain Audio\Video conference room systems as well as manage A\V connectivity for company events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science (or related technical field) preferred
- Experience as a Systems Administrator or Network Engineer supporting a global company infrastructure
- Microsoft MCITP certification required
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required; Professional (CCNP) preferred
- Checkpoint Firewall Security Expert (CCSE) preferred
- Managing server virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere Server, Microsoft HyperV
- Strong understanding of LAN/WAN, VLANs, routing and subnetting
- Experience managing applications such as Atlassian Confluence and Jira, Zendesk and Webex
- Effective communication and documentation skills
- Experience managing Apple Macs and Windows PCs in an enterprise environment
- Multi-country IT deployment experience
- IT Desktop support experience in a global “follow the sun” environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Experience working with technology vendors to facilitate the quoting and purchasing of computer hardware, software and telecom services
- Stay current with technological developments in systems administration technologies and recommends ways for Symphony to take advantage of new technology
- Ability to lift to 25lbs. Must be able to crawl under desks, tables and climb a ladder to access IT infrastructure, when necessary
- Flexibility to work early or late hours and weekends when required
- Travel to Symphony global offices as required
- Bilingual foreign language skills desired (French ideal)
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $170 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Director, Engineering Operations
As the Director of Engineering Operations for product delivery, Lily works to create an ecosystem at Symphony where everyone in the department—both internal and external—is getting what they need to succeed.
Back to top