Senior Software Engineer, Search
Ever wanted to work on large-scale information retrieval on encrypted data? Be an early member of our growing Search and Intelligence team and apply your skills to various information retrieval problems such as Relevance, Ranking and Scaling of our rapidly growing encrypted chat data.
Symphony is looking for a highly motivated software developer with background in information retrieval technologies and systems. This position gives you an opportunity to apply your problem solving skills to challenging problems in information retrieval over encrypted data.
* Develop core technologies required to scale search systems.
* Develop tools, processes and metrics to help build high quality search pipeline.
* Bring creative ideas for existing and future Symphony products and leverage the power of data to solve complex problems.
* Design, develop and deploy software solutions that has a high impact on Symphony customers.
* 5+ years practical experience in the following areas: SOLR and Elastic Search
* Programming in one or more of Java, C and C++
* Experience with highly scalable, distributed systems
* Scaling Search architectures.
* Knowledge of relevance and ranking algorithms
* Working independently and collaborating in small teams to deliver production infrastructure
* Education: MS in CS/Electrical/Mathematics or equivalent experience
* Practical expertise in various disciplines of information retrieval, machine learning and natural language processing, such as text mining, classification, clustering, feature engineering and topic modeling.
* Experience with Natural Language Processing and Machine learning
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Note: If considered for a position you will be subject to a criminal background check. A conviction is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case will be considered on its own merits. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances, the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for, and any pattern of offenses may, however, be considered.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Director, Engineering Operations
As the Director of Engineering Operations for product delivery, Lily works to create an ecosystem at Symphony where everyone in the department—both internal and external—is getting what they need to succeed.
Back to top