Senior Software Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Established in 2014, Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that securely connects markets, organizations and individuals. Powered by a growing and open app ecosystem, and protected with customer-controlled encryption key infrastructure, Symphony’s communications platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony unifies the enterprise workflow to boost productivity in any information-centric business.
Symphony currently has over 510,000 users from more than 340 companies worldwide, powering over 60 million monthly messages.
Symphony is growing! We are building modern, container based, microservices that will be deployed and operated at global scale. Services manage millions of API transactions and API calls from across multiple regions of the world, and provides high-availability and fault tolerant failover between the regions. Our platform is redefining the way secure organizations communicate and make decisions.
We are investing deeply in reliability improvements to support the scale and business criticality of our containerized applications. Operational automation, testing, and performance improvement is critical to the success of everything we are building. This Engineer will be deeply involved in defining, testing, and validating software components, with particular focus on maintaining high availability and uptime.
You will be responsible for delivering features with a focus on maintainability, security, and scaling. You’ll expand and build systems that drive user adoption and provide high-quality search. Understanding customer use cases, validating technical solutions, and building and documenting those solutions are a must.
The role is expected to provide ‘hands-on’ contributions to accelerate our product into production.
You'll focus on cutting edge applications for users of our Fortune-500 customers. You’ll be solving real world problems related to user-adoption, encrypted search and real time decisions; all without compromising security. Our business is built on providing high-value applications seamlessly integrated with communication tools and processes of enterprises; offering both a level of richness and security never before combined.
- Design, implement, and test highly-scalable, multi-tier, distributed, highly concurrent, server-side Java Enterprise software applications and microservices
- Write end-to-end automation test cases for the features you are responsible for
- Create a software stack that enables clean separation of business logic from plumbing to maximize developer efficiency and transparency
- Work with Product Management, QA, and fellow developers to design and implement the next generation of Symphony messaging software.
- Participate constructively and collaboratively in design and code reviews
- 4+ years experience designing and implementing high-performance, high-quality, horizontally scalable, distributed, multi-tier, server-side Java applications
- Solid background working with a large code base and large data sets (multi-million records +) to identify problems, and suggest solutions
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field; expert level Java coding experience
- Proven success improving the performance, reliability and operational automation of sophisticated, multi-tier systems
- Experience with container management platforms (Mesos, Swarm and Kubernetes) and container runtimes (Docker)
- Demonstrable experience addressing performance, availability, scalability, resilience and other issues across the whole stack from applications to operating systems
- Experience designing and implementing micro-service or Service Oriented applications
- Previous hands-on contributions to products living in public clouds including AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a multifaceted, fast moving and growing environment
- Experience in Search and Machine Learning
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a bright future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
Benefits and Perks*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top