Senior Software Engineer
At Symphony, we’re on a mission to help people communicate, collaborate and enjoy their work. Our secure messaging and collaboration platform is changing the way people collaborate for critical business processes. Our customers are a ‘Who’s who’ of the financial sector and are using Symphony as the centerpiece of their digital transformation initiatives.
Symphony is a platform that provides end-to-end secure messaging. Weʼre looking for a motivated, productive, team-oriented, and hands-on Senior Software Engineer to join our Content Export team.
The Content Export team faces a unique challenge in that all data is encrypted. We are building modern, container based, microservices that will be deployed and operated at global scale. Services manage millions of API transactions and API calls from across multiple regions of the world, and provides high-availability and fault tolerant failover between the regions.
We are investing deeply in reliability improvements to support the scale and business criticality of our containerized applications. Operational automation, testing, and performance improvement is critical to the success of everything we are building. This Engineer will be deeply involved in defining, testing, and validating software components, with particular focus on maintaining high availability and uptime.
The role is expected to provide ‘hands-on’ contributions to accelerate our product into production.
- Design and build core services of the Symphony collaboration and messaging platform
- Design and implement distributed & highly concurrent Java-based enterprise services, including micro-services in the core platform
- Write end-to-end automation test cases for the features you are responsible for
- Redesign legacy backend APIs and refactor existing modules to achieve best practice message system performance around messages, notifications and signals, including data model changes where necessary
- Help us create a software stack that enables clean separation of business logic from plumbing to maximize developer efficiency and transparency
- Work with Product Management, QA and fellow developers to design and implement the next generation of Symphony messaging and user API’s
- 4+ years experience designing and implementing high-performance, high-quality, horizontally scalable, distributed, multi-tier, server-side Java applications
- Previous success working with a large code base and large data sets (multi-million records +) to identify problems, and suggest solutions
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience improving the performance, reliability and operational automation of complex, multi-tier systems
- Experience with container management platforms (Mesos, Swarm and Kubernetes) and container runtimes (Docker)
- Experience addressing performance, availability, scalability, resilience and other issues across the whole stack from applications to operating systems
- Experience designing and implementing micro-service or Service Oriented applications
- Experience with public clouds including AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
Symphony offers a secure team collaboration platform that transforms the way users communicate effectively and securely with a single workflow application. Forging a new path in the industry, Symphony is designed to help individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve productivity while meeting complex data security and regulatory compliance needs. Symphony was founded in October 2014 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in Hong Kong, London, New York, Paris, Singapore, Sophia-Antipolis, Stockholm and Tokyo.
Symphony has raised roughly $460 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Back to top