Senior Revenue Accountant
- New York, NY
Established in 2014, Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that securely connects markets, organizations and individuals. Powered by a growing and open app ecosystem, and protected with customer-controlled encryption key infrastructure, Symphony’s communications platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony unifies the enterprise workflow to boost productivity in any information-centric business.
Symphony currently has over 510,000 users from more than 340 companies worldwide, powering over 60 million monthly messages.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for ensuring our billing and revenue recognition processes run smoothly and scale with the growth in the business. Your day to day revenue functions includes journal entries and reconciliations, research and analysis, operational improvements, and policy documentation. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will work closely with Sales, FP&A, Legal, and Business Operations to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue.
- Review sales arrangements in detail, identifying any non-standard terms to ensure accurate revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and ASC 606
- Key contributor in the revenue close process; prepare revenue and deferred revenue analyses, reconciliations, and related journal entries
- Manage the end to end order to cash cycle, which includes billing, invoicing, cash application, collections, and supporting the expansion of integrating new revenue streams into our processes as we expand product offerings
- Assist with revenue models and metrics and track and analyze forecast versus actual revenue
- Assist with annual financial audits, including preparation of revenue schedules and provision of supporting documents to the external auditors
- Experience with Netsuite
- Understanding of GAAP and basic revenue recognition standards
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving skills, and strong Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mentality and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of ASC 606 principles
- Experience in the Software or SaaS industries
- Strong financial systems background. Stripe and Salesforce experience helpful
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a bright future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
Benefits and Perks*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Back to top