Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Symphony Communications seeks a Senior Finance Manager to support Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for our rapidly growing business. This position will be located in Palo Alto, CA and will partner with the Chief Financial Officer and the broader leadership team to develop and maintain a strategic multi-year plan, translate rapid business growth to operational support needs and financial implication and provide decision support for initiatives focused on supporting rapid growth across multiple businesses and geographies while delivering best in class customer experience.
- Driving annual and multi-year budgeting and variable cost productivity plans
- Partnering with the leadership team to develop strategic multi-year plans and implementing processes to prioritize resource decisions and track the top investments and initiatives necessary to exceed future state targets
- Leading monthly analysis of operating plan budget to actual results at the divisional leader level
- Translating multi-year goal statements into fundamental key performance indicators which can be used to effectively diagnose positive or negative trends and support business decisions
- Performing deep dive analysis requiring financial modeling to develop recommendations and impact the decision making of senior leadership
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 7+ years in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- Independent and entrepreneurial attitude showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience with understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements
- Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical capabilities with ability to model new growth scenarios to help business partners make sound financial decisions
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities in a fast paced, growing and ambiguous environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Strong internal customer focus
- MBA and or CPA
- Highly analytical, detail oriented with advanced financial modelling and reporting skills
- Experience with complex problem solving
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $170 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
As a UX developer, Matt perfects the surface of the app, collaborating with his cross-functional team as they translate user feedback into code to create a truly enjoyable user experience.
Back to top