Senior Java Engineer - Enterprise
As a Symphony Sr. Backend Engineer, you'll be designing and implementing the cloud- based server-side logic for our secure communications platform, while also mentoring other members of the team.
The most widely known feature of Symphony's messaging platform is the end to end security. However, for regulated industries there are very strict compliance requirements, and our group is responsible for building systems that satisfy those regulatory and/or corporate requirements.
The Compliance team's responsibilities lie in ensuring that all content can be reliably and provably exported whilst maintaining the same degree of security promised by the system, as well as providing real-time monitoring and search capabilities. This confluence of requirements leads to challenging and exciting problems to solve in a dynamic, fast moving environment.
- Design and implement distributed and highly concurrent Java based enterprise services Participate in development of Symphony's Server / Backend Development
- Design, implement and test highly scalable, multi-tier, distributed server software applications
- Take responsibility of performance and stability for all server functions
- Help the team improve quality and production
- Create maintainable and scalable features fit for use by demanding enterprise clients
- 10+ years experience of server-side Java software design and development
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, high performance, server side Java applications
- Expert level Java coding experience
- Experience with distributed systems, persistence, caching, concurrent programming, NoSQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving startup environment
- Experience working with B2B Enterprise software
- Experience with any of the following: Cassandra, Kafka, Solr, HBase and Hadoop, ZooKeeper, Mongo
- Experience with communication and messaging applications
- Experience with open source frameworks and tools
ABOUT SYMPHONY'S TECHNOLOGY STACK:
We selected Apache Kafka, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB and HBase due to their superior distributed nature, performance, reliability, and ability to scale to the volume of data generated by the expected workload. We built out the ReSTFUL web services layer in a stateless manner using Apache Tomcat, meaning capacity could be added linearly, by simply adding more boxes behind the load balancer. The client front end was conceived as a web client that could be delivered on any device, any operating system, anywhere in the world. Front end stack: React, Redux, Babel (ES2015 / ES6), Gulp, SASS, Browserify, Karma / Jasmine.
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial
services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world- class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
Life and AD&D coverage
Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage ! Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Account benefits
Uncapped vacation and sick time
Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
Discounted gym memberships
Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
Competitive Base Salary, bonus, and Incentive (Stock Option) plan
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Back to top