Senior Java Contractor
Status: 3 Month 1099 Contract
100% telecommute: contractor can be located anywhere in the continental U.S.
The Admin team is part of Symphony’s Enterprise group, which implements the features needed to fulfill the security, administrative, and compliance requirements of our enterprise customers.
The Admin team in particular provides the ability for firms to manage their large user base in Symphony by provisioning new users, assigning roles, managing feature entitlements, disclaimers, and more, in ways that can be easily integrated with the institution's existing provisioning workflows.
One key element to being able to seamlessly integrate with a firm's current provisioning infrastructure is Symphony's LDAP Sync tool. LDAP Sync is a Java application deployed on our customer's servers that synchronizes user accounts from the customer's LDAP Server to our cloud platform using Symphony's REST APIs.
In addition to simply provisioning users and keeping their attributes up-to-date, LDAP Sync can be used to associate existing LDAP groups with Symphony roles, feature entitlements, and more, thereby facilitating scenarios like enabling a feature in Symphony for certain divisions, departments, or job functions while disabling it for others.
● We’re looking for a Java and LDAP expert to help us re-engineer our LDAP Sync tool described above, in order to make it easier to install, configure, monitor, and manage
● The application must be scalable and high-performing, easily supporting firms with more than 250,000 users
● Work closely with the developers of the existing application to architect and implement the new application, subject to frequent incremental code reviews
● Ensure adequate test coverage and implement end-to-end integration tests that can be run as part of our continuous build pipeline
● Expert knowledge of and experience with various LDAP implementations (AD/SunOne, etc)
● 10+ years experience of Java software design and development
● Experience designing and implementing scalable, high-performance Java applications
● Expert level Java coding skills with concurrency
● Experience developing applications against REST interfaces
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving startup environment
● Experience working with B2B Enterprise software
● Experience with open source tools and frameworks
● Experience with UnboundID’s LDAP SDK
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company.
Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top