Senior DevOps Engineer, New York
As a DevOps Engineer, not only will you be responsible for keeping our systems up and running, you will also have the ability to shape the architecture to properly run our systems.
- Building out and automating a complex multi-cloud production infrastructure
- Continuing to secure our infrastructure to protect us and our customers
- Leveraging new technologies that improve Symphonyʼs availability and performance across how our whole software stack and infrastructure
- You have written vast amounts of code around infrastructure automation and have solved multiple problems by automating your way out of them. You have removed yourself from repeating mundane tasks.
- You have been responsible for running operations for a service thatʼs used by a large user base
- You understand the importance and impact that good operations can have on the rest of a product and the positive ripple effects that it can have across an entire engineering organization
- You have pulled back the covers and know how this Internet thing works end to end. Networks, servers, protocols, operating systems, services, databases, query optimization, disks: to you nothing can be a 'black box.' Whenever there was a technology you did not understand, you grabbed the book and figured it out
- You have good knowledge of a scripting languages - Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl
- You believe CI servers, push button deploys, time series data stores, metrics dashboards, and centralized logging are not just “nice to haves” they are critical pieces of infrastructure that rapidly pay for themselves. You are familiar with the tool-space, and can suggest products in each of these areas
- You understand the complexities of networking in a cloud environment and have vision to architect and implement a highly available, scalable, and secure network within a cloud environment
SYMPHONY TECHNOLOGY STACK:
Here's what we use:
- Linux (Centos 7)
- Amazon AWS (EC2) , Google Cloud
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
$100 million in new funding:
- Competitive salary based on experience, skills, and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) Plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive Base Salary and Incentive (Stock Option) plan / Health/Dental/Vision/401k
(We accept existing H1B Visa applicants)
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Front-End Software Engineer
Matt and his team creates every one of Symphony's interaction tools. They work with customers in mind, making sure everything users come across on the company browser is functional and beautiful.
Back to top