Senior DevOps Engineer, London
As a DevOps Engineer, not only will you be responsible for keeping our systems up and running, you will also have the ability to shape the architecture to properly run our systems.
- Building out and automating a complex multi-cloud production infrastructure
- Continuing to secure our infrastructure to protect us and our customers
- Leveraging new technologies that improve Symphonyʼs availability and performance across how our whole software stack and infrastructure
- You have written vast amounts of code around infrastructure automation and have solved multiple problems by automating your way out of them. You have removed yourself from repeating mundane tasks.
- You have been responsible for running operations for a service thatʼs used by a large user base
- You understand the importance and impact that good operations can have on the rest of a product and the positive ripple effects that it can have across an entire engineering organization
- You have pulled back the covers and know how this Internet thing works end to end. Networks, servers, protocols, operating systems, services, databases, query optimization, disks: to you nothing can be a 'black box.' Whenever there was a technology you did not understand, you grabbed the book and figured it out
- You have good knowledge of a scripting languages - Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl
- You believe CI servers, push button deploys, time series data stores, metrics dashboards, and centralized logging are not just “nice to haves” they are critical pieces of infrastructure that rapidly pay for themselves. You are familiar with the tool-space, and can suggest products in each of these areas
- You understand the complexities of networking in a cloud environment and have vision to architect and implement a highly available, scalable, and secure network within a cloud environment
SYMPHONY TECHNOLOGY STACK:
Here's what we use:
- Linux (Centos 7)
- Amazon AWS (EC2) , Google Cloud
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $170 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
As a UX developer, Matt perfects the surface of the app, collaborating with his cross-functional team as they translate user feedback into code to create a truly enjoyable user experience.
Back to top