Senior DevOps Engineer
Symphony is a platform that provides end-to-end secure messaging and we are seeking a motivated, results-oriented DevOps Engineer to aid in production preparation of new functionalities in our ever-evolving complex global real-time messaging system focused on enterprise-grade high availability and performance.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with Agile engineering teams to provide production insight into running and operating software at-scale in a globally distributed highly available cloud based system. You will guide the team to consider scale-out implications and operational support implications of the choices they make during the development cycle to help foster an ownership in production mentality within the team. You will play a hands-on role helping the team meet ambitious technical, operational, schedule, and business requirements. The ideal candidate will be a systems thinker with a passion for creating products that deliver incredible customer experiences and have deep experience with operational automation, data driven metrics collection, and a true desire to automate it rather than do it repeatedly.
- Aid in building and supporting a container based platform architecture that can ensure microservice teams can own their code all the way into production.
- Build and support tooling and automated infrastructure necessary to deliver metrics from production environments, deploy releases to production environments, and manage multiple versions of multiple microservices operating in tandem to produce a fully functional system.
- Work with a team of backend and application development engineers to further institutionalize the notion of the team owns their code in production and offer suggestions on how to better do that in the context of the development sprint work.
- Demonstrated philosophy of automating your way out of repetitive operational work
- Experience running an at-scale global cloud based application in AWS or Google Cloud platforms.
- Experience automating in Python, Ruby or rapid-development languages.
- Experience in networking protocols, IP routing issues, TLS and diagnosing routing or high-level network transactional issues through logs and metrics.
- Experience building and operating log aggregation, tracing, metrics aggregation, and alerting systems that aid in diagnosing and understanding what is going on in complex microservice environments
- Experience operating and implementing distributed & highly concurrent service based architectures, including microservices, containerized services, and/or serverless architectures.
- Experience in fast-paced, iterative design environments such as consumer internet or mobile applications/gaming industries
- Start-up experience a plus
- Skills and Attributes:
- Interest in customer-first mentality with focus on recovery before diagnosis but ensuring sufficient information is available to properly diagnose.
- Preference to build self-healing and self-monitoring systems with a drive to minimize or eliminate the on-call needs of operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interests in driving to infrastructure-as-code and container orchestration
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony transforms the way users communicate effectively and securely with a single workflow application. Forging a new path in the industry, Symphony is designed to help individuals, teams and organizations of all sizes improve productivity, while meeting complex data security and regulatory compliance needs. Symphony was founded in October 2014 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Stockholm, Sophia-Antipolis and London. Symphony has raised roughly $300 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
If the Job you are applying for is in the EMEA region please read the following:
All of the information provided by you in this Application will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please email@example.com.
Back to top