Senior Backend Software Engineer
Many of the teams in the Symphony Stockholm office work on Symphony Meetings (real-time voice, video and screen sharing communications). You will take on a leading role in the development of our next generation multi-tenant Meetings back-end.
- Active participation in cross-functional teams, developing new Meeting features end-to-end
- Maintain and improve existing code bases
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Build efficient and reusable abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Identify, establish and communicate best practices for back-end engineering
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Experienced in Object Oriented design
- Expert C++ or Java skills
- Experienced and comfortable working in a CI/CD environment
- Experience from developing real-time communication applications would be a big plus
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Cloud experience. Familiar with AWS, GCloud or Azure
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field desirable
Symphony transforms the way users communicate effectively and securely with a single workflow application. Forging a new path in the industry, Symphony is designed to help individuals, teams and organizations of all sizes improve productivity, while meeting complex data security and regulatory compliance needs. Symphony was founded in October 2014 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Stockholm, Sophia-Antipolis and London. Symphony has raised roughly $460 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Note: If considered for a position you will be subject to a criminal background check. A conviction is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case will be considered on its own merits. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances, the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for, and any pattern of offenses may, however, be considered.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Inside the Office of Symphony
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations, and individuals—securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony's communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses.
Back to top