Sales Specialist, West Coast
Symphony is seeking a dynamic, experienced Sales Specialist based in the San Francisco Bay area, who will be responsible for bringing in new business in the western region of the U.S. This is an Individual Contributor role, and is most commonly called "Senior Software Sales Executive" at other tech firms. Position reports to Head of Sales, Americas, who is based out of Symphony's New York office. You'll travel once or twice a month to the New York office to meet with the team.
- Represent Symphony on the West Coast
- Prospect, target, research, contact and close new business
- Handle sales inquiries and coordinate feedback internally and externally to complete the sales to product life cycle
- Conduct a prospect needs analysis, which includes site, product, and competitor review
- Participate in conference calls and face-to-face meetings to present the results of your analysis and to narrow down client and prospect needs
- Compile costs, schedule and technical elements in the development of proposals
- Review contracts and project schedules
- Interface heavily with Client Services to maximize client program success
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- 10 to 15 years professional, Enterprise solution software sales, with heavy emphasis on SaaS
- Technically competent in SaaS business models
- Experience opening up and building, and supporting a new territory
- Knowledge of CRM and prospecting systems (SFDC)
- Willingness to travel for client and prospective client visits in respective territory/region
- Complex sales skills required; need to be able to win both “quick wins” and high revenue, multi-division accounts in some of the world’s largest multinational companies (both financial industry and others).
- Consultative sales skills important; our product/service are many things to many different people. Working to get the right “in” or angle with new accounts is key; must be able to sell with a variety of styles and adjust the pitch before and during meetings
- Bachelor's Degree
- Extremely articulate and possesses excellent communication skills
- Experienced enough that you could develop and manage a new territory by yourself until more staff is hired
- Able to quickly learn & convey technical product knowledge, conference engagements and technical product demonstrations
- Collaborative by nature, to engage with global business development/sales team and product team on product enhancements, client feedback, idea generation, event & objective planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Highly organized and excellent planning skills, able to work under pressure, able to meet deadlines
- Excellent negotiation skills, team player and culture carrier, results oriented, hard working and dynamic
- Analytic and rational thinking, able to analyze and interpret data, polite, problem solver
$100 million in new funding:
- Competitive salary based on experience, skills, and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) Plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive Base Salary and Incentive (Stock Option) plan / Health/Dental/Vision/401k
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company.
Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Back to top