Symphony is looking to hire a dynamic, experienced Sales Specialist based in New York or Boston, who will be responsible for bringing in new business. The Sales Specialist will work closely with potential customers to assess needs to then initiate the sales process. Ideally, this role is for someone who is highly driven, enjoys being in a fast-paced environment, has good knowledge of market data/technology, and thrives on their own successes. This person should have an understanding of our platform, be comfortable being on a quota, and have proven success developing new business while connecting with key decision makers. We are seeking an aggressive hunter with polished sales, pipeline management, territory management and closing skills.
- Exceed individual sales quota
- Partner with our account management team to ensure a smooth and professional handover of new business
- Proactively build a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against sales targets
- Handle sales inquiries and coordinate feedback internally and externally to complete the sales to product life cycle
- Conduct a prospect needs analysis, which includes site, product, and competitor review
- Participate in conference calls and face-to-face meetings to present the results of your analysis, and to narrow down client and prospect needs
- Manage and develop strong client relationships
- Identify decision makers and qualify leads received by the team
- Interface heavily with Client Services to maximize client program success
- 5+ years sales experience with a focus on financial markets and ability to consistently meet or exceed individual sales quota
- Proven track record of high close ratio
- Knowledge of CRM and prospecting systems (SFDC)
- Willingness to travel for client and prospective client visits in respective territory/region
- Ability to win both “quick wins” and high revenue, multi-division accounts in some of the world’s largest multinational companies (both financial industry and others)
- Must be comfortable with a consultative sales style, as our product/service is many things to many different people
- Ability to find the right angle with new accounts; must be able to sell to a variety of different prospects, and adjust the pitch before and during meetings
- Bachelor's Degree
- Technically competent in SaaS business models
- Experience building and supporting a new territory
- Able to quickly learn technical product knowledge and conduct technical product demonstrations
- Highly organized, able to work under pressure, and meet deadlines
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Director, Engineering Operations
As the Director of Engineering Operations for product delivery, Lily works to create an ecosystem at Symphony where everyone in the department—both internal and external—is getting what they need to succeed.
Back to top