Symphony is seeking a dynamic, experienced Sales Specialist based in New York the San Francisco Bay area, who will be responsible for bringing in new business in the western region of the U.S. This is an Individual Contributor role, and is most commonly called "Senior Software Sales Executive" at other tech firms. Position reports to Head of Sales, Americas, who is based out of Symphony's New York office. You'll travel to the New York office to meet with the team as needed.
- Represent Symphony on the West Coast and surrounding areas
- Prospect, target, research, contact and close new Enterprise business
- Handle sales inquiries and coordinate feedback internally and externally to complete the sales to product life cycle
- Conduct a prospect needs analysis, which includes site, product, and competitor review
- Participate in conference calls and face-to-face meetings to present the results of your analysis, and to narrow down client and prospect needs
- Compile costs, schedule and technical elements in the development of proposals
- Review contracts and project schedules
- Interface heavily with Client Services to maximize client program success
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- 7+ years professional Enterprise solution software sales, with heavy emphasis on SaaS
- Technically competent in SaaS business models
- Knowledge of CRM and prospecting systems (SFDC)
- Willingness to travel for client and prospective client visits in respective territory/region
- Complex sales skills required
- Ability to win both “quick wins” and high revenue, multi-division accounts in some of the world’s largest multinational companies (both financial industry and others)
- Consultative sales style is important, as our product/service is many things to many different people
- Ability to find the right angle with new accounts; must be able to sell to a variety of different prospects, and adjust the pitch before and during meetings
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience opening up, building, and supporting a new territory preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Able to quickly learn technical product knowledge and conduct technical product demonstrations
- Collaborative by nature
- Highly organized, able to work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Excellent negotiation skills, team player and culture carrier, results oriented, hard working and dynamic
- Analytic and rational thinking, polite, problem solver
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $170 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
As a visual designer, Jessica is responsible for creating what the user sees and interacts with—crafting a graphical interface that is logical and intuitive to use.
Back to top