Product Security Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
The Product Security team, responsible for all application level security features, is seeking a Product Security Engineer. This is an opportunity for a hands-on Engineer with some exposure to security to further build their domain expertise in applied cryptography. You will be part of a team of highly skilled engineers architecting and implementing the Symphony secure messaging vision. Specifically, a well qualified candidate will contribute towards secure client key delivery mechanisms, time-based automatic key rotation mechanisms, incident based key rotation, search over encrypted data, Certificate Authorities, cryptographic performance and authentication.
- Analyze software designs and implementations of existing and new Symphony Communications services with a focus on security and privacy
- Design, develop and operate scalable engineering solutions to advance data protection and privacy in on-prem and in-cloud computing
- Work effectively with other teams across the company to further improve data protection and privacy of user data in the cloud
- Advocate strong security and privacy design across the company.
- 4+ years experience designing, implementing, testing, releasing, and maintaining distributed, high performance enterprise scale software systems in Java
- Technical excellence in Java, J2EE, Spring Framework
- Deep familiarity with design patterns, multi-threaded programming and REST web services
- Experience with distributed systems, persistence, caching, concurrent programming, NoSQL
- Experience in one or more of the following information security domains: cryptography, identity and access management, data or application security
- Experience with any of the following: applied cryptography, Java Security Providers, Java key store, PKI, Certificate Authority
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a bright future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of all employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top