Product Manager, Desktop Experience
Symphony is seeking a product manager to join their desktop experience team and help make Symphony the best workflow platform. The ideal candidate has extensive experience as a product manager, particularly in communications services, and has performed well in expanding organizations.
- Develop desktop product strategy and roadmaps for the highly visible flagship product of Symphony
- Understand, live and breathe customers by working very closely with account management and research
- Be the face of the desktop team and build cross functional relationships to ensure tight alignment on the vision and priorities
- Help the team execute toward the goals and clearly communicate the plans internally and externally with partners and customers
- Define your features. Write specs and user stories, prototypes. Socialize functionality across the organization and incorporate feedback
- Prioritize your work and your team’s work. Manage the backlog of features and whatever your team needs to get things done
- Work with engineering leadership to develop appropriate planning, prioritization, and release management processes to enable us to launch new features across platforms at a fast clip, while ensuring resiliency, quality and performance across our applications
- Be obsessed about data. Work very closely with analytics and research teams to deeply understand Desktop usage patterns and facilitate data-driven decisions
- 8+ years of overall experience building web & mobile products (at least 3+ years product management experience, including the end to end delivery of a product)
- Previous engineering education / experience is required: strong technical background to enable you to speak the same language with the developers to understand trade-offs in highly complex technical problems and help them improve performance, stability, and maintainability
- Ambition to be the subject matter expert on desktop workflows and provide knowledge around new products and technologies in our space
- Great track record of working with engineering and design teams so that people will always want to have you in their teams
- Passion about enterprise communication and Symphony’s vision to become the platform that powers work.
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $233 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Director, Engineering Operations
As the Director of Engineering Operations for product delivery, Lily works to create an ecosystem at Symphony where everyone in the department—both internal and external—is getting what they need to succeed.
Back to top