Principal User Experience Designer
At Symphony, we're on a mission to help people communicate, collaborate, and enjoy their work. Our flexible, secure messaging platform is changing the way people do business in the financial services industries — and that’s only the beginning.
We aspire to deliver an intuitive, delightful experience that help people extract meaning from the madness in today’s noisy landscape of business communication. To accomplish this, we need a world-class design organization that’s passionate, empathetic, and excited to take on huge challenges. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for a creative, passionate, and detail-oriented Principal Experience Designer.
Our ideal candidate is an overall design generalist and interaction design expert who is as comfortable hashing out big-picture workflow and strategy as they are prototyping detailed visual and interaction execution.
As Principal Designer, you'll help manifest Symphony's overall product vision across all channels that face the customer — from our product experiences across Mac, Windows, Web and mobile.
You'll work closely with a talented and growing team of visual and UX designers in a fast-paced startup-environment to drive our experience strategy, deliver seamless workflows, and craft refined and engaging product experiences.
As Principal Designer, you’ll anchor our UX design practice, collaborate with technical and business leadership, serve as a mentor for our growing design team, and act as a key partner to our Head of Design, Creative Director, Chief Product Officer, and CEO.
- You care about the little details and the big picture, and move nimbly between strategy and execution
- You’re a natural problem solver who loves a good challenge
- You iterate quickly, incorporating feedback from stakeholders
- You work well both autonomously and as part of a vibrant and diverse team
- You adapt quickly and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- You have the proven ability to shape the direction and execution of projects from start to finish
- You have a strong portfolio that displays your thought process through design artifacts, including code, prototypes, drawings, and storyboards
- You are a maker and a do-er, and are always hungry to take up new skill sets that keep your design chops fresh
- You balance a data driven-approach with inspired creativity
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Lead all aspects of design for a complex product or feature set
- Develop elegant and effective user experiences
- 10+ years experience in product experience design (Web, mobile, and desktop)
- 5+ years working at a Lead, Principal, or higher level
- Comfortable delivering all aspects of design, both personally and as a leader
- Extensive understanding of standard design patterns and systems, especially Google Material Design, Android, and iOS
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills and a great sense of humor
- An exceptional online portfolio that shows off your strength and range as a designer (please include a link in your application)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
- Solid agile / lean UX fundamentals
- Experience delivering full end-to-end user experience design for a complete product, or a major element of a large product suite or platform
- Experience designing real-time chat, collaboration or productivity products
- Experience driving and incorporating user research at all stages of development
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $170 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary, Bonus Plan, Equity
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
As a visual designer, Jessica is responsible for creating what the user sees and interacts with—crafting a graphical interface that is logical and intuitive to use.
Back to top