Principal Product Security Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Established in 2014, Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that securely connects markets, organizations and individuals. Powered by a growing and open app ecosystem, and protected with customer-controlled encryption key infrastructure, Symphony’s communications platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony unifies the enterprise workflow to boost productivity in any information-centric business.
Symphony currently has over 510,000 users from more than 340 companies worldwide, powering over 60 million monthly messages.
The Product Security team, responsible for all application level security features, is seeking a Principal Product Security Engineer. You will be part of a team of highly skilled engineers architecting and implementing Symphony secure messaging vision! Specifically, a well qualified candidate will contribute towards secure client key delivery mechanisms, time-based automatic key rotation mechanisms, incident based key rotation, search over encrypted data, Certificate Authorities, cryptographic performance, authentication, and finally, help manage the risk of usual Internet security weather (such as the usual CSRF, XSS, injection attacks, dependency management, and more).
- Analyze software designs and implementations of existing and new Symphony Communications services with a focus on security and privacy
- Design, develop and operate scalable engineering solutions to advance data protection and privacy in on-prem and in-cloud computing
- Work effectively with other teams across the company to further improve data protection and privacy of user data in the cloud
- Advocate strong security and privacy design across Symphony Communications
- Provide security consulting services internally to the engineering organization by giving mentorship and functioning as an information security authority
- Act in a mentoring capacity for team members and further technical skills through certifications and continual self-learning
- 10+ years in one or more of the following information security domains: cryptography, identity and access management, enterprise security, data or application security
- 10+ years designing, implementing, testing, releasing, and maintaining distributed, high performance software systems in Java
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Technical perfection in Java
- Extensive experience with applied cryptography, Java Security Providers, Java key store, PKI, Certificate Authority
- Deep familiarity with design patterns, multi-threaded programming and REST web services
- Experience with distributed systems, persistence, caching, concurrent programming, NoSQL
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a bright future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
Benefits and Perks*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact email@example.com.
Back to top